What Do You Love About Poker?

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I will say I have such a love/(I won’t say hate)...but /dislike for poker. It is truly a game that can make you the happiest person.. or rather have the most enjoyable feeling of endorphins..to outright complete anger lol ..Luckily I learned how to control that anger and brush it off..it wasn’t easy..took a lot or hands and a lot of books(one that helped me greatly but I am not here to name drop etc for this thread as I am not a book promoter)...but what drives you back, and has a special place in your heart for the game?

Last edited:
S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That never happens the same two times, that I never finish learning, the great competition that allows having 2 cards in hand and a handful of chips in front of you and so I could continue listing and not finish more.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many reasons that I love poker, winning big money, fighting with many opponents, challenge ... but the thing I like most is that help me control my emotion. My mind also becomes stronger, it really helps me a lot in real life.

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
feelings game...

For what one is linked to poker, it is due to the fact that different types of feelings emerge, it is like sharing with a friend different moments in which one feels frustration, joy, hope, pessimism, optimism, hatred, love, etc.
When you lose, you feel that this game is all fixed, but when you win, you feel great joy and that I had the patience and the wisdom to bet when I should. So never stop playing, it will bring you everything, enjoy and success at the tables
:cool::cool:

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The strategy is what i like more in all mind sports, to use the knowlege and see your skills getting better have no price man.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love the way that is always different every day, and I love being positive about money, and I became immune to frustration thanks to poker:p:p:p:p:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will say I have such a love/(I won’t say hate)...but /dislike for poker. It is truly a game that can make you the happiest person.. or rather have the most enjoyable feeling of endorphins..to outright complete anger lol ..Luckily I learned how to control that anger and brush it off..it wasn’t easy..took a lot or hands and a lot of books(one that helped me greatly but I am not here to name drop etc for this thread as I am not a book promoter)...but what drives you back, and has a special place in your heart for the game?

I love that it's one of the games out there where having a sound mathematical mind gets rewarded. Being a smart but skinny kid growing up there weren't a lot of competitive outlets that I could do well in, gaming and cards were the ones I could, and poker is the one that also involves money (which if you're math minded like me, you love it!) and so when I found poker it was a great of fresh air.

I also love the rush of winning, regardless of the stakes I'm playing I always get a little excited when i win those all ins (whether i'm a 95% favorite or a 5% underdog) :angel:

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is so popular because it is a mixture of math, psychology and luck

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I like most about poker is that all hands are unpredictable until the end, even though the odds are the best there is always a lus for the weakest !!

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a great way to earn money, if of course you are not afraid to take risks and walk on thin ice.

For me, this is more interesting and emotional than sitting in the office and watering cacti.:)

However, over time, the whole game is more like a template, but only when you think that you have mastered and nothing else will surprise you, you go up the limits, immediately get a downstreak and life lights up again with colorful lights!:D

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The money!:D:D

The truth is that I like the competition and the game of probabilities, although this does not always work.
Also the feeling when you win for something planned, and when you are lucky on the river.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Its just a very fun card game which you can play essentially anywhere. It is just a very fun game period.

D

dcipher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like that its something that spans across multiple generations and can be enjoyed by just about anyone that cares to learn the rules.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the most interesting game of all time. poker has it all. luck, tactics, skill and the main strategy.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Success in poker is a good feeling - you can have money with no HUGE effort.

I also like the cards themselves - it feels as if there was something royal about the cards, and no wonder - kings, queens and aces feel royal.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love poker but that can switch quickly with a out of this world run out. One of those hated chuckles.

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love that there is no scenario in which your ultimate loss or victory is a foregone conclusion. Sure there are hands you are guaranteed to lose, but you can manage those losses to come out ahead in cash or or chip up and go on to make the money in a tournament.

And sure, if you're up against pros who really know what they're doing and you don't, you're probably going to lose but if you get really lucky, or they get seriously unlucky, you can still beat them one time even if they'd clean you out ten other times. No other game involving more than one person that I've ever experienced has that. In everything else, sports, video games, what-have-you, you run into someone more skilled enough than you, even in games where luck is a factor like TCGs, you're going to lose. The skill gap is indomitable. In poker, it's ever-so-slightly domitable. There are no truly foregone conclusions. That's what I love.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love the fact that you can still learn new things while playing poker. That a game can change so much just by adding a player or taking one player away from a game.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it because it´s mathmatics. Therefore, it´s interesting.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of all I like to win, thanks to my own knowledge, skills and experience. Although poker is a hobby for me, I am a patient and responsible player and I always enjoy the game.