WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i watch tv shows better call saul, friends, seinfeld or some sports football, nba, etc. When u don´t want play just don´t.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I start doing something else, reading maybe, sometimes the continuous Bad Beats tire me, but hey, it'll be better the next day ☺️

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
tbh i think we all feel like that at times, i am always having bad streaks so its time i re analyzed my game play at review my last 150 hands

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When Im unmotivated I stop playing. Poker is my hobby and I like enjoy it. If I am unmotivated I make other things 🙂

Sorry for my english 😬

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Doing other stuff, outdoor activities with family or go out with friends,etc. Of course have to do some small bets or quick poker, just to keep that little gamblers flame burning inside of me, cant never turn it off completely.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm not motivated to play, I don't play. For me, this decision making is very simple. Playing unmotivated is on the verge of failure and losing money.

PauPau

PauPau

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
Play on-line PC games with friends or watch movies.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always have motivation for poker. But if I'm in a bad mood, I don't play. Sometimes it's better to just rest.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened to me just yesterday. I was playing a deep stack PLO tournament when my wife came and asked me to do something that would take me away from the game for at least an hour. I couldn’t take that long a “break” with my stack size so I decided to play for broke on my current hand (just being dealt). There was still over an hour late registration remaining.

Much to my surprise as I opened and 4-bet the hand into all-in territory three other (otherwise limpy, nitty, stodgy) players decided to go along. I couldn’t believe it when all the hands were opened up. Nobody had a clearly stronger hand than the others.

I really had no idea how easily seemingly serious players can be manipulated to throw their entire stacks in the middle. This was a real money tournament not a freeroll. I’ll file this away for next time when I do have a particularly strong hand with over an hour left in late reg. It felt great! And, an excellent way to quadruple your stack.

Last edited:
Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would take a break for sure, do sonething that would take my mind of the game completely. We are not robots we need sleep rest , mind clearing

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good night everyone, there's no way I just stop playing and come back the next day. What makes me unmotivated is when I take bad bets in a row, if this happens at the beginning of the grind, it's very likely that I'll stop registering. I play poker since 2018 and I can't get used to bad bets in a row, even though I know it's normal and part of the probability of the game. Apart from that, nothing else discourages me to play and if I'm playing and having good results in a row, then I'm very motivated to continue I'm playing cash game at GGpoker, and I'm very motivated because it's the least difficult site to increase your bankroll, it has a much higher rake back than pokerstars and when you take a bad bet or play a very strong game, you win chips to play GGcare, which is an automatic All-in Mtt and distributes $100,000 every day, I play at the micros and have already won more than $160 dollars in these Mtts alone, in addition to winning with the leaderboard and winning in the game, that makes me very happy motivated.

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I play without motivation, I immediately lose in all registered tournaments, if I played for funds, I get 0. If I do not play, I usually do useful household chores, fishing or watch interesting films.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just don't play. I play poker everyday but sometimes it's good to stop for couple of days. Poker is hobby for me but sometimes i just feel it's not my day for playing poker.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I know i'm tired of playing when my concentration is not at its best

lalinha

lalinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Give thanks to God! because I can stop for a while, poker is too addictive, I take a break and do other things, when I come back I feel like I come back playing better and mentally more confident.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think it's very important to watch and follow your psychological health and emotional condition overall, and how it's changing due to poker. It's preferable to have some warming-up routine before sessions, where one of the steps will be an evaluation of the current psychological state the player is in. Whether you're ready to play or not, whether you're motivated, rested, prepared, what's going on in your mind and whether it's ready to be thinking strictly about poker for a while. This will help to not get into a session unprepared and unmotivated, when you're bored or unenthusiastic.

If we're talking about poker in general, well, just don't play if you're unmotivated. But being unmotivated for prolonged periods of time may be caused by unbalanced approach to playing poker, high expectations and also it can be a form of tilt.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i get unmotivated, its usually because i have played too much. So i take a mini break of a day or two and come back rejuvenated!

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To go a few days without playing, it always solves...

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I can rest a little, although I do not get tired of the game, there are times when the map does not work, and in order not to fall into depression, you need to be distracted, do something else

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello I just don't play so I don't take risks and be thinking about something else while I play

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Simply i stopping to game. Having a rest, and couple days dont think and talk about poker. After break then i watch some videos on twitch or youtube. Im watching a good players with high winnig ROI, and payers from my stakes micro and low. Im making a mind set, putting every in my head in right way. And try one more time with possitive thinking and mindset like king