What do you do before start playing poker ?

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
before i start, i go to the bathroom, then make myself a coffee and grab a protein bar.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always workout, take a bath and have some dinner before I start playing poker on weekdays.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what do you do before you start playing poker

I like to go over a few interactive quizzes on Pokercoaching.com (I am not paid to sat that, lol) and review the GTO charts for the type of game I am going to play.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Lunch, bathroom, prepare drinks, fire the house-heater. And then I play.

R

robshere2008

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ask myself 'am I in a good frame of mind today?, Is there anything going on in my life that may cause me to be on tilt? If i'm not in a rested positive midframe i am probably making a mistake playing.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Scratch the left one for 10 secs, and then right one for 6 secs, while standing on my left foot only.

I thought everyone did that.

:confused:

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Taking a nap of 2/3 hours , shower , prepare my meals , a little bit of stydying and then i start to play!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Pay my buy-in and sit down?
I don't believe in rituals or doing things to improve my luck, you either are ready or not, Just play and have some fun.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

B

berkyt20

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What can I do before sitting down to poker? I personally work, look through the information I am interested in, and only then I sit down and play poker, well, not always, but mostly.

I

IntroDeuce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Warm up

I practice first to condition myself. I treat poker as a sport, so getting a warm up before starting a sport is a good thing to do. :icon_sant

:as4::2s4:

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make sure that i am in a good mood and have a clear mind before starting to grind poker.
15-20 minutes meditation or some simple yoga poses can boost your mood and calm your mind. While playing i like to listen to relaxing music. Dont forget to open the window between the 5min breaks and let fresh air in. Helps to avoid getting headache and tiredness.

Last edited:
C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont do anything special in particular,i just watch a movie or something.Sometimes i play some play money cash games to kind of get the feel for the game before playing seriously.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I pray that I can go far and play good poker

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really have any rituals that I do before playing poker. The only thing that I really do is get to a place where I can concentrate and shuffle up and deal!