What do you do before start playing poker ?

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
what do you do before you start playing poker

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I read books, watched TV series, cleaned the apartment, went shopping. Now poker is my hobby and other things do not seem so important to me.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just choose the chair and start playing. I try never to stop at the table.

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont have many things which I am doing before playing poker, tbh I only make sure that I have bottle of water near my pc :D

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I make sure I'm not hungry !! I make some stupid decisions when hunger arises :)

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi ,
I am eating my breakfast , walking with my dog , shopping lunch , working at home . Poker is my hobby and other things do not seem so important to me.

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
make sure i got a full soda and chips

BenImortal

BenImortal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, I set a really good music setlist and make sure that I have some snacks!
If I go to run a big tournament, than I do some mediation/yoga and set my phone to Silence mode! It's been working so far!

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, I eat an hour or half an hour before the game. The most important thing is to prepare enough tea, coffee or juice until the break in the tournament. 10-20 minutes before the start of the tournament, I like to relax, turning on the music and lying on the bed so that my body and mind can rest :)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch TV series or videos on youtube. when I'm tired. I sleep for an hour to be in good shape and I take the time to eat. I prepare myself physically and sometimes mentally too. I repeat the same sentence for several minutes for example "I am happy" to get rid of all the negative thoughts which can prevent me from playing my A game.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Before I started playing poker, I loved playing computer games. But now, if I have free time, I enjoy playing poker.
Good luck.

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much same as everybody. Set a music playlist, make coffee, read my pre cash/tournament bible-notes and do a quick mind focuse meditation.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what do you do before you start playing poker
Before playing Poker, it is as if I had to prepare for a party or go to the cinema: I prepare the drink, the snacks, I turn off the cell phone, ... everything in my power so that nothing and no one bothers me and I don't get up until the session ends.:rolleyes:

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online I don't do much - should change that.

Before a live version I get myself mentally prepared. Remind myself of things I want to do, to watch for. I find that getting a game plan in mind is helpful to having a successful session.

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have no specific ritual.
Only when I go to play an important tournament, I try to be without any commitment so that the mind is clear and calm.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything ready to have a great time concentrated, water nearby, playlist ready, without any pending, in my mind the food that I will eat in a break, and sometimes I watch poker videos about 20 minutes before starting, they are sessions of other players playing tournaments:icon_rr::icon_rr::icon_rr::icon_rr:

Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Computer game

As far as I understand I started to play poker, I really loved to play the computer game - Star Craft and War Craft.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make sure everything I wanted to do or needed to do beforehand is done, so my mind can just enjoy and focus on poker. I always go to the washroom, let my pups out to go to do their thing, grab a drink maybe even a snack sometimes. In the evenings I always get my PJ’s on so I’m very comfy. Then I can just relax and play away

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I eat and walk around. I get the blood flowing and make sure I'm comfortable.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch movies, or stream games, or do nothing :D

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing. Except for few short exercises maybe. Physical preparedness is very important, so I try to not to forget about it.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If it's a weekday, I come home from work, eat, then cook for myself the next day, and if I have time and energy, I open poker rooms and see what I can play. If it's a weekends, I go grocery shopping, then cook, do some household chores and sit down to play poker. Sometimes I go for a walk, chat with friends, and when the desire and mood appears, I start playing poker.

Last edited:
T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually before i start playing poker online i review my hand history and what i have played a day before , watch over my tournaments a little review of what i did a day before. After that i make me a coffee and i prepare for the grinding .