Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been handed the stinky end of the stick more than once when near the bubble and almost out of chips many times. What I try to do, knowing full well that I have been earmarked for destruction by the big stacks, is look for someone less desperate than I am and try to isolate and bluff with some combination of bets relative to what the board shows.Waiting for premium cards while hoping others bust before me is my very last resort.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really depends worth folding a few bad cards to min cash on bubble then play your cards afterwards.

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't thinking playing passive is the key to winning any tournament, if you are on the bubble though it makes it a bit more complicated. You should really be looking at your spot in the cutoff, button and SB/BB positions, just flat calling has become a more pronounced play recently in those kind of short stacked circumstances and it can work, just make be aware of who is behind you because anyone who's aggressive is more inclined to take advantage of your misfortune.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Find spots to play them like good cards. Getting bad cards and staying tight should allow some places to steal some pots.

LemonAmnezia

LemonAmnezia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
O think waiting for Premium hands and three bet em few handed is the best way and then according to the board getting it in tanking a while. Thats how i handle it and I resolved Big stacks out of few big blind stacks this way. NOAH

Y

Yoda_Priest_X_Napo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get dealt cards that are outside of optimal ranges inside a tournament it just means you have to wait until a play is optimal.If you get dealt 32 every single hand, Just means you need to blind out and call only when you priced in odds. Would it make sense to shove 32 from the Hijack with 15 big blinds just because you got dealt that 77 times in the row? No.So just do what is a profitable play, if the cards are bad, this tournament was at the lowest spectrum of negative varriance, but we count varriance as a whole and not sepearate for every tournament and that means you must not take action depending on a single to tournament luck.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a bad card in a pinch. When the stack has become small and less than 5bb, it is already necessary to throw in allin. Sometimes, with a very good stack, you can steal the blades.

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bubble is real trouble when you are low in stack and many All ins will take place also. Folding all the will make you loose more in Anti and putting you in a tough spot. some hands you need to take risk but consider the table players and you position and SB/BB.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I been there. I like to wait for the other small stacks to limp and then shove. It seems to work 80% of the time because no one wants to bust near the bubble or on the bubble.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes play on bad cards but only when there is not a big bet in the game or when I have a big stack in the game, and basically I discard bad cards and I expect very good cards or pairs
to play !

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friend, sometimes we have to bluff when the cards are against us, there is a day that is not even worth playing poker because only bad game comes, so it's bluff day.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
jflofla, you are right. There are just bad poker days. After about five bad games I consider that a bad run and stop at that level. I don't lose my mind and play slots just to taste a real lottery anymore.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not actually play with bad cards, I am waiting for good ones. ;)

Nisnimnin

Nisnimnin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait for good cards, but some days, that's not happening and I have to take the best of the bad and say the heck with it.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Download that App snap shove. It will help you improve this area of your game.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

I try to wait for two really good cards and just shove and hope it holds up. I don't like to get kicked out of a tournament bluffing.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
fold your bad cards and move on to the next hand.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well just fold your bad cards in early position and look for some easy steals from co btn and sb when folded to you.
Sometime and vs some oponents depanding on the stakes you play any 2 cards are good enough to steal their blinds from late position.

R

RobQQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
talking tournaments

Are you talking tournaments or cash games? In tournaments ill bluff but mostly ill still wait for a decent hand but if im short stacked im real aggressive with them. Probably even push all in hoping to double up. If your talking ring game then i still wait for good hands even if im about to be blinded out. The way i see cash games is I try to take little risk even if that means me having to buy back in or add more chips. Tournaments risk is a major part of the game. Higher the risk bigger the reward. So dont be afraid with a half way decent hand to push