what to do if bankroll decreases by 70%

gatobalza15

gatobalza15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a bad streak, and my bankroll decreased by 70%, so I dedicated myself to researching what I should do, because I managed my money divided into 100 for 100 tournaments.

That doesn't matter anymore, because it was such a bad look that now I have 20% of my bankroll left, discouraged and very afraid of losing the rest.

so I dedicated myself to investigate what I should do, and this is what I found ...

Bad luck in poker could be defined as an accumulation of circumstances that cause a player's results to disperse towards the negative side, with respect to the general average of random events, giving rise to abnormal results, which should be on average.

go back to the beginning: as hard as it may seem, going to the origins is the most solomonic advice, do you remember when you made your first game where you entered the money? Well, take back that spirit, starting again will be easy because you have already passed that way, You stopped being a beginner, nothing will be strange to you and you will have an advantage over others.

play freeroll: you must get up to 100 times the entry of the regular tournament from your online poker platform, it sounds difficult but not impossible, in a freeroll game when you finish first you can get that amount, if you do not arrive first you will only need to enter the money in 10 or fewer games.

Special mtt: save that 20%, because sometimes it happens that ggpokers or pokerstars have special tournaments from 0.11 to 0.25 where the total prize to be distributed is 100 thousand dollars, and it would be very sad not to have the possibility to enter so Easy on the money, for having spent your remaining bankroll in a single risky tournament.

The psychological aspect: being in constant pressure in a tournament for not having a plan b after that, if you fail it is fatal, the anxieties will consume you, and you will not be able to play with peace of mind. So before entering a tournament that has an entry cost, prepare yourself mentally for the possibility of losing and a plan b for a future game.

A true mtt poker player plans his strategy for 100 games, he does not think about now or tomorrow, he thinks about the strategic efficiency of his game in every 100 tournaments.

If you want to contribute more knowledge to this topic, I would like to know what you think, give it a like

Attachments

• mala-suerte-en-el-póker-2.jpg
    mala-suerte-en-el-póker-2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 32
E

elpolloloco95

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is all about having a reasonable Bankroll Management
Its important to Start to Play Lower Buy Ins when you realize that u are losing too often

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An interesting post. A bankroll drawdown of 70% is extremely difficult to handle psychologically. It is obvious that there is practically no self-confidence in your own game and you are afraid of every tournament or every playable hand in the tournament. I don't know if it makes sense from a psychological point of view to invest your time in freerolls where extremely loose players are represented who call every raise and call every bet on the flop with every draw or bottom pair or even raise or push all-in with draws or any hit or even ace-high. The chance of getting into the prize money in freeroll tournaments with 3000+ players is simply very small, it is practically pure gambling and has nothing to do with poker strategies. Other attitudes could also be changed to take the psychological pressure out of the game.

1) Risk only 0.5% or better 0.1% of your bankroll instead of 1% of your bankroll. This makes it even easier to survive a losing streak.

2) Change your hand range in the direction of tighter and play approx. 3 - 5% fewer hands - you have fewer decisions to make and less often the opportunity to run against a better hand with a hand that is only moderately strong. Your own starting hand become more strong which makes it much easier to play postflop. The primary goal should be to have fun in the game and to build self-confidence again, the bankroll will then recover into positive territory due to variance.

3) Look for tournaments where the prize money places are easier to reach. It may make sense to switch from MTT to Sit 'n Go.

4) It could also make sense to play more and shorter tournaments in order to achieve a positive result (prize money place) as often as possible.

Hope that helps. Good luck buddy. :)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My strategy is simple and for now is to build and increase my bankroll with our freerolls. So far, everything is going according to my plan. Once I reach the goal, which is a $ 300 bankroll, I will move on to the next stage of my plan.

Pammypoo

Pammypoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what Im supposed to do..Start from the get go again..But I never follow proper money management. I will never really be truly successful until I get that part of it. I have gotten in a tourney with my last 16.50 to my name and came in 3rd ..LMAO...
Whats the plan if I lose 70 percent of my bankroll?? Umm I think I'll ROB somebody :p:p:D:D:cool:;)

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Several times I lost my bankroll completely, then then I put limits on the limits for myself and it became much better)

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello good day.

The post is interesting, particularly my bank I started playing Freerolls, then once my bank was built I started in NL2. I have had several bad as well as good weeks, I believe that perseverance and study is essential so as not to fall into despair and thus lose everything. Study is essential and having a clear conscience as well. In my particular case, playing at NL2 (cash tables) there are quite a few recreational players who love to throw their money, you just have to wait for the hand ... I don't know if it happened to someone and plays this type of Cash. Now once you have a decent bench the idea is to follow NL5 and so on. This topic is still interesting, and we hope to read new anecdotes about it. Greetings! :):)

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I exactly know the situation. To be honest, I can't really handle it correctly.

I just apply 1 main thing, never keep more than 100 tourney buyins on my poker account, often it is between 50-70. If a negative run comes, more likely I will burn the hole bankroll. Happened 5-6 times in the last year, even I am still profitable on my level with these and many other mistakes. My main ones are the rebuys + there is not enough perfectly fit tourneys for me, so I register for a bit higher cost tourneys, what almost divide the buyins by 2, also register the 'structure is not for me' tourneys. Anyway, I think around 50-50% it works, and I can come back fast.

So I decided to make even the smallest withdrawals, if I am over 100 buyins. The cost of the transactions are nothing compare to the possibility to waste 3-4 times higher amount in the coming future.

If I 'manage' to 0 my balance, I take few days off, playing freerolls, very micro tourneys for a while, until the run stops. (Sometimes I faced with 2-3 weeks totally unbelievable runs, but it happens again and again, so better to 'believe' in it, count on that, find out something against it.) Sometimes, I can manage to build a bankroll again within a week from freerolls and very micro tourneys, what is enough to play on the micro/low border, sometimes I make deposit again.

I think most of the players read basic things like this about the so called 'bankroll management', but it is hard to really manage when the runs are coming against you. You are in a days, weeks long run, - I know not everybody - so most of the players run out from patiance earlier or later, make more mistakes, generally it is easy and fast to waste your money, however building it back/up never.

And the theories, ideologies are nice things, but everything is about how can you apply them in your personal case, if you can, in the practice.

This is my solution, that's the only way it works for me, I can handle it, in practice.

gatobalza15

gatobalza15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an anecdote for you today

Hello good day.

The post is interesting, particularly my bank I started playing Freerolls, then once my bank was built I started in NL2. I have had several bad as well as good weeks, I believe that perseverance and study is essential so as not to fall into despair and thus lose everything. Study is essential and having a clear conscience as well. In my particular case, playing at NL2 (cash tables) there are quite a few recreational players who love to throw their money, you just have to wait for the hand ... I don't know if it happened to someone and plays this type of Cash. Now once you have a decent bench the idea is to follow NL5 and so on. This topic is still interesting, and we hope to read new anecdotes about it. Greetings! :):)

The images speak for themselvesMala racha 2
Mala racha 3

gatobalza15

gatobalza15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sincerely think the same

Conozco exactamente la situación. Para ser honesto, realmente no puedo manejarlo correctamente.

Solo aplico 1 cosa principal, nunca guardo más de 100 buyins de torneos en mi cuenta de póquer, a menudo entre 50 y 70. Si se produce una racha negativa, lo más probable es que queme todo el presupuesto. Sucedió 5-6 veces en el último año, incluso yo sigo siendo rentable a mi nivel con estos y muchos otros errores. Mis principales son las recompras + no hay suficientes torneos perfectamente ajustados para mí, así que me registro para torneos de costo un poco más altos, lo que casi divide las compras por 2, también registro los torneos de 'estructura no es para mí'. De todos modos, creo que alrededor del 50-50% funciona y puedo volver rápido.

Así que decidí hacer incluso los retiros más pequeños, si tengo más de 100 buyins. El costo de las transacciones no es nada comparado con la posibilidad de desperdiciar una cantidad 3-4 veces mayor en el futuro próximo.

Si 'logro' 0 mi saldo, me tomo unos días libres, jugando freerolls, muy micro torneos por un tiempo, hasta que la carrera se detiene. (A veces me enfrenté a 2 o 3 semanas de rachas totalmente increíbles, pero sucede una y otra vez, así que es mejor 'creer' en eso, contar con eso, descubrir algo en contra). A veces, puedo lograr construir un bankroll nuevamente dentro de una semana de freerolls y torneos muy micro, lo que es suficiente para jugar en el borde micro / bajo, a veces hago un depósito nuevamente.

Creo que la mayoría de los jugadores leen cosas básicas como esta sobre la llamada "gestión de fondos", pero es realmente difícil de manejar cuando las carreras vienen en tu contra. Estás en un plazo de días, semanas, no conozco a todos, por lo que la mayoría de los jugadores se quedan sin paciencia antes o después, cometen más errores, generalmente es fácil y rápido desperdiciar tu dinero, sin embargo, reconstruirlo de nuevo nunca.

Y las teorías, las ideologías son cosas bonitas, pero todo se trata de cómo puedes aplicarlas en tu caso personal, si puedes, en la práctica.

Esta es mi solución, esa es la única forma en que funciona para mí, puedo manejarlo, en la práctica.

Ok if we are very similar, I most of the time I do not get carried away by the recommendations, and the socio-critical and methodological list, it is well within the game to play the cards depending on your position, but the money management, please do not I mean, you have $ 20, can't I possibly indulge in playing a $ 2 tournament?

Last edited:
W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is important to regroup after losing 70% of your bankroll because of the psychological effect it is having on you. I think you should continue with free rolls and build up your confidence and then go on to pay tournaments to recoup your losses . . . Best of luck to you.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management