What to do after so many bad hands???

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've recently spent first 40 minutes for climbing up to top 2 in a big MTT, then with more than 280 BB stack I've spent 2 and half hours being card dead and busted out holding pocket aces in a preflop all-in against AK with 2 kings on the board. It would upset me if I've only played 1 tourney, but I'm playing 6-8 at a time, so bad luck at one of the tables compensates with good luck in another.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my case, it stops everything and I get upset.

is that you? What would you do ??:jd4:
Get mad and blame the poker site for being fixed against you, swear you will never play here again. Play again in a few minutes because you just taught them a lesson.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If the quality of decisions decreases, it is best to pause the game

J

josie112233

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I just played an online tourney where virtually every hand I got was worthless, I limped wherever I felt the table would let me see a flop without raising, hoping to hit, nothing ever came, stole some small pots to stay alive when everyone was weak but not often.. then..

it finally came
Pocket AA 😁

Few limpers, so I triple bet, 1 player calls, flop is rainbow all low cards, I'm happy, opponent makes a small bet, pot is big enough and I don't want to get sucked out so go all in, opponent calls .. with what? 66 pair, they put me on overcards WOOHOO!! Turn card nothing, river hits a 6.. I'm knocked out

Moral of the story, I made more progress with like unsuited 94 and stuff than I did with the aces 😆😂

EDIT: I'm not suggesting you play bad cards unless it makes sense in the situation, or if you're a bad player like me, in that case you shouldn't worry so much about the cards you get 😆

Last edited:
Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just go forward. Slowly and thoughtfully. Bad hands will not be every time.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I close and go, it's not a good day to play

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Patience wait for the good ones and if they don't come out play with the ones that fall you can't throw them all away

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The best thing to do is stop the game. Only a break will help you save your money.

S

shadoman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Whether its being card dead , being outplayed, or just a cooler . The best way to overcome the situation is to walk away from the table or desktop ( in this situation) and then come back with a fresh mind. There is no point to so called flip the table or get angry . Poker comes with its bad beats and we just have to take it in stride.

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I should not do that but when I get too much bad hands, I register to more tournament only to get more bad hands. That is not a winning solution for me.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break in the game, rest, then there will be good hands again)

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
turn off the computer and go to sleep.......best remedy.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If I constantly have a trash card in a tournament, then I stop playing and exit the tournament.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Variance is just part of poker, be patient about it and focus on what u can control.
Ask yourself: did I make my best on this hand that I lost? Or have I done some mistake? If u don't know the answer, go for studying this topic, if u know, u may study it anyway.

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel you, mate. Take a break, fight another day.. Variance will come back smiling on yoy again!

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pause the session for a moment, and then continue playing, I don't think there is a formula to remove bad streaks, simply continue since they are all probabilities

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I keep trying until I get the total winner

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star