What to do after so many bad hands???

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best thing to do is to take a break and try to remember that you are just that much closer to the sunny side of variance.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well if card dead in a tourney for a long stretch, I will try and preserve every chip possible until cards and a situation arises that gives you a shot at a double up.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If most poker rooms have a losing streak for more than a month, then you should take a break for at least 2 weeks. This moment has passed more than once

E

Edzha07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed on taking a break. But anyway, the best way is to wait for a good hand to play and patience is always gold in poker. Better slowly and up, than fast and down.
Just my opinion

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's the game we play. Don't get rattled and just look to the next hand.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
do not get upset because this is normal

you will get bad hands than good hands most of the time just enjoy the game and do your best

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I play again for the good ones to come!

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I don't get good cards I try to play with the bad hands but I don't invest a lot of money so I play more cautiously and try to be patient until I get a good hand to try to double down at the table.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It might not seem like it, but overall, and mathematically speaking, it will average out.

You have to remember, that you're odds of getting 4 aces, is exactly the same as getting 4 twos. What that means is that every hand you get, has the same odds as coming up as every other hand you get.

So....be patient.....the cards will come....It's how you play them that matters.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Change gear, try to watch more carefull, concentrate to the game and wait the chance to play a good hand.

M

Medina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times I am angry too, but this is usually the case when I have a bad day. Most of the time, I accept if the opponent wins at the last minute. If I’m very angry, I stop and do something else, something less stressful.

B

bsamra

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will come. Good things come to the people that wait.

L

Lochika

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand you. But you can't let that effect your game.
Also, when you do not open hands for a long time, you will have a tight image on your table, what can resulting you to open more hands by getting called less often.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Part of the game. Can't let it bother you. Once you have a negative disposition, time to find something else to do for awhile.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Be patient and discipline

2. Use that time to study your opponents tendencies to try to exploit them and make a move

3. Last but not least choose your positions and cards and bluff with caution and at your own risk.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no such thing as a "bad" hand,,,it's just a hand,(your opponents have no idea,,,)and you can win with any 2 cards,,,you just have to take more chances. :eek: or suffer in silence,,,,

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Break.
In such cases, you need to take a break. If you continue the game, you will most likely just lose money. Therefore, a break is the best option.
Good luck.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You can play in different ways regardless of the strength of your hand. Even the worst hand can be the strongest. ;)

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just go all in go to the next game sometimes there just no way you going to win that's poker for ya

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The owner of the tree chooses who is going to eat today, collections, trees, many mouths. Too many mouths I think.:(

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the game is not going on, moving with a normal map and from a position, I also get upset, I close poker, I start analyzing my game, if there were any mistakes that could be corrected. If, as a result of introspection, I come to the conclusion that I did everything right, then I do other things. If I still see my mistakes, then I write down in my notebook what was wrong in order to remember and not repeat later.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
in my case, it stops everything and I get upset.

is that you? What would you do ??:jd4:

I always decide to quit for a few days but I always find myself opening the poker App the very next day if not after a few hours. Not exactly a good advice.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands