What to do with a downswing

N

nutzing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just keep on putting in volume eventually things will turn around.

C

Chaskyweed05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a break and come back with the attitude well up. Good fumes !!

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best thing is to keep your A game and continue to play. If you feel depressed sometimes just take some days off then come refreshed back to the tables

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Increase studying time

I know it's difficult to change your negative thoughts when you are facing a long downswing period. When this type of thing starts to happens with me, I take a short break from poker and forget completely about the game. When I come back to play, my mind is fresh to start again.

the most important thing is to keep playing your A game. the day the variance will again be on your side. it will make it easier for you to reach your goals again and make gains. we all suffer the effect of variance on our game. everything we can do when it happens and it really lasts in time. it is to suffer and to be patient. I wish you good luck for your next games and I hope that you will succeed in overworking this event.

These three posts I like a lot. Some people just need a break entirely and others just need some time studying for learning versus playing. Either way, the goal is aimed at maintaining your "A game" because if you aren't at that, then you aren't playing your best. Feeling refreshed from a break or learning a new idea from study can be the mental boost needed in many cases.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have not made mistakes, and your bankroll is still decreasing, then this is the effect of variance. The solution to the problem is simply to keep playing poker and wait for the black bar to turn white. As for the minus game, everything is much more complicated here. Perhaps just one wrong, constantly repeating action prevents you from starting to add. So the solution to this problem also lies in the analysis of your game, the search for leaks (errors) and their elimination.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop playing because you're going to lose money if you keep playing.
when the system is against you you will lose with everything, AA, Kk, etc.