What are the differences between online and live póker?

Gian Totaro

Gian Totaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would be interested to read everyone's opinions. I think that online poker is usually more convenient, more comfortable, on the other hand, live poker is another energy, adrenaline, it's more fun and you also have to pay close attention to everything, they are very different!
I never really played live, but I would really like to, it would be a nice experience!

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Live poker is a lot slower than online.

(y)

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some things that happen online don't happen live, I think the game is fairer live.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the big difference is that volume of hands that you can play per hour. I like the fact that you can play multiple tables at the same time online. And I like live poker because I think it's easier to read your opponents.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in front of the computer you can't really have emotions, but when you're in a live tournament, the emotions can give you a goal if you have a good hand.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In like live poker better. You can read players better

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer online poker because:

1) It is faster.
2) You don't have to tip a dealer.
3) I don't have to deal with obnoxious players who seem to end up with at my table in a card room every damn time. :cautious:

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I couldn't play online poker because my emotions can't be calm during the whole game.
Visible emotions interfere much less during an online game. I think so.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
live poker is much better than more emotions and the atmosphere is cool, you can chat with real people at the table and have a nice chat and talk about life and learn about new things:)

W

worsdep

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer live poker to online because it's easier to get a read on players. Online I find the only reads you can really get is how quick/slow they click the button.

I like the hand history of online poker as its easier to flip through and get an idea on a players range after sitting at the same table and if enough cards have been shown. I also like to see what cards have been mucked at showdown, I believe asking to see someone's mucked hand in live is considered bad etiquette.

Sash_XXL

Sash_XXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
an important aspect is the number of hands played. it is significantly less than in online poker. In addition, your opponents can read you better using various gestures and facial expressions - this is not possible in online poker.

Both you and your opponent have the disadvantages or advantages, then it depends on your skills ;-)

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You'll be able to play online in an hour and see more hands and without having to wait long for players at the table to play their hand. The game is slower offline, communication with other players. For me, offline poker is more like entertainment, while online poker is more about making money.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Online poker makes it possible to carry out a volume of game which makes it possible to generate the long term on a short period.

On the other hand, live poker allows you to play only one table, so it takes a lot of time to make a volume of play.

The volume of play cancels the luck factor and the results obtained are significant.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live poker is much more sociable and I rnjoy it a lot more. You don't really know who you are playing in an online game.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online is convenient, moves faster and can play more than one table. Also easier to make bets and to keep up with pot size. Live is much slower, requires more attention, more of a skill set and making bets are different. Have to be careful with string bets, moving chips forward and always good to announce your move before to raise.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The variance, the number of hands you play online are greater live you don't have as many opportunities...

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
There are many differences but one of these stands out and is above all the others; and that is that playing In Person is simply worthless! The concentration is total, the environment influences, you feel the presence of each opposing player and the cards are not programmed by software. Playing Online is fun and it's still serious business as you also win a lot of money but it will never be matched by a real experience during a live tournament.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online the variance is much higher, it's so big that it's annoying how the game can change so much with the river.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would be interested to read everyone's opinions. I think that online poker is usually more convenient, more comfortable, on the other hand, live poker is another energy, adrenaline, it's more fun and you also have to pay close attention to everything, they are very different!
I never really played live, but I would really like to, it would be a nice experience!
The main difference in the game is volume.

As for skill, it's body language.

The logic is the same.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have never played live poker. However, it seems to me that online is better because you can play more hands in a certain time. But in live poker, the game goes on for a very long time, while the dealer counts the chips, while the players make their bets, it all takes a long time. But in live poker, you see your opponents through and through, which is a big plus.

P

plusia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In online poker you can play at multiple tables
and it is unlikely that you will catch the corona virus :p

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You get less funny looks when playing naked online… :oops:

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Online, you need to concentrate on the opponent's stats, analyze hand histories. In a live game, you can collect information about the strength of the opponent's hand through his tells - physical clues. On the Internet, you can check the opponent's stats, hand history, in order to understand how to make the right decision. Or you can use third-party statistics services to understand what kind of player is hiding under the next nickname - a regular or a fish. In a live game, you can “break through” an opponent only through friends and acquaintances. Online poker requires more analytics. Live game - concentration on the opponent and his emotions.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
As such, they do not exist when viewed from the side of the game. Offline poker has its advantages and disadvantages: + live communication, + increased interest, - everything is very slow

R

respuuu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally and prefer live poker, it's just more fun!

Organize a Home Poker Game