What Changed?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why am I suddenly placing so deep in MTTs? Before this week, my MTT game was horrible. I usually never made it past the first break and if I did, I rarely made the money. I actually used to dislike MTTs because it felt like I was wasting so much time playing for hours and not finishing ITM. Now, I find myself making it further and further everytime I play. Not to long a go I made 2 final tables in one day and finished ITM in a few more alone. The final tables had 900+ and 700+ players. Im even placing further in freerolls than before and these are usually in the 2700-3600 players range, which is a far cry from the 500+ players MTTs I was struggling with. I have yet to reach my big first place finish, but that'll come in due time.

So, what changed? I guess my luck might've changed, but I wouldnt say I've gotten luckier. I dont think Im any luckier than the other players. And most of the time, Im grinding it out. I'm never that lucky player that gets to increase his chipstack 5x on the first hand, but thats cool. My game hasn't changed either. I play my solid TAG style and make moves at the right time. Sometimes Im right, sometimes Im wrong, and sometimes I get lucky.

Another funny thing is, I cant seem to beat a micro $2. + 25 SNG anymore. I can, but its not as consistant as it used to be. Someone needs to help Philthy find his SNG groove back.

So, I was doing good at SNGs and bad at MTTs. Now, Im doing better at MTTs and it feels like my SNG game isnt as strong.

LOL.

Oh...and I dont expect anyone to have any answers. This is just something I noticed in my game.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an answer: variance. Plain and simple.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
True.
I just find it interesting because it was such a sudden change. Complete 180.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you bust a myth on Kari?

lol.

Anyway nice... I think the exact same way about MTT... except I have yet to "find" my way to the final table. I think im too impatient.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vell, Ve think it is clearly a case of Karma induced Evolution.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to long a go I made 2 final tables in one day and finished ITM in a few more alone. The final tables had 900+ and 700+ players.

Well, it is not hard to make the final table when they are that big. Never seen one over ten, myself.:D

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking less coinflips and being more patient along with an upswong is my guess.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
finished 9/2700 in a freeroll. This is my best finish so far.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
finished 9/2700 in a freeroll. This is my best finish so far.

Nice finish.

I've never been able to handle the FT freerolls. They take forever and after 2 1/2 hours and I'm still not close to the money I give up.