What is the best thing that happened to you?

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the best thing that has happened to you as a poker player?

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing about poker is poker itself, this game is for me and charging for the brain and rest from working everyday, poker is my hobby.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i stopped over thinking everything,,,and just play,it`s the best thing for me:D

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just get a lot of pleasure from playing poker

A

alexandro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing so far lots of money lost but learning and keep playing.. all I can do for the love of poker.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
the absolute best thing for me was last week I had a heart attack and am so very thankful...they fixed me up and I came home to my wonderful wife and am able to play a bit here and there, tho not as much as before, I get tired too quick to last the length of a tourney, but hey...it's great to be alive!!!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the absolute best thing for me was last week I had a heart attack and am so very thankful...they fixed me up and I came home to my wonderful wife and am able to play a bit here and there, tho not as much as before, I get tired too quick to last the length of a tourney, but hey...it's great to be alive!!!
Wow! It`s great to have you around my friend! Enjoy the day! ;)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing that happened to me is when I have few chips left and I have to fly out of the tournament, but I got up from a very small amount of chips and got to the final table and took 3rd place, it was the best event for me, I did not expect this from tournament but then I continued to play and win!

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I once in one night won 500$. (later, all lost)

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
That online poker is completely legal where I live and that I have the parents, software and hardware to play it enough at free poker sites and baby stakes to get good at it.

Without poker after I dropped out of uni I'd be a cashier or dishwasher maybe a sous-chef at best for my life. With poker I can make the money to invest in business and stocks etc. I have an extremely business oriented mind but my studies we're more with science, my mistake was not realizing my talent was business and understanding people and history.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I still am a part time dishwasher and sound chef but that's fine with me

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finishing second in a cardschat freeroll i guess :)

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing about poker is poker itself, this game is for me and charging for the brain and rest from working everyday, poker is my hobby.

I love that poker increases your intellect as you get better at it but you can ha e fun at it even while bad at it haha

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the moment, the best event was when I won first place in cards chat tournament for $ 100

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good for you man! Keep up the good fight.

I've had more than a few friends with heart issues, and hope that my number is at the very bottom of the jar. There is light for sure though. I went to a funeral yesterday for a gentleman who lived life to the fullest (not always in the healthiest way) and still made it all the way to 90.

Good luck to you for a very long and fulfilling future.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
thank you SOOO much terryk and matt for your kind words, I really appreciate it.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best thing for me in real life was when I found out my Lung Cancer hadn't spread. Removed one lobe of right Lung. Been cancer free for 7 years.

Best thing in poker was finishing 7th in a $100,000 Tournament for $3200 that I got into via a freeroll. Debi (the Admin. here at CC) helped me get the cash off the site before it went belly-up.

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being down to 75 chips vs. 1,425 on a spin and go and still managing to win. Got a big smug that day [emoji23]

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you very much for sharing your messages! greetings friends :)

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning cardchat freeroll helped me think maybe I am getting better at this game, I have always liked cards of any kind, but poker gave me a boost like no other.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning a decent share of tournaments.

Z

zannie27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing that's happened to me in all my years of playing poker was a whopping win for 29K in 2006 playing the Jackpot Sit-n-Go at Titan Poker right before the ban.. I wish the sites that they left US players to play on today would offer things like that..

fialhosm

fialhosm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no way to speak of good things in games, but victories.
Of course for me, good thing is to win tournaments and money.

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning a money, always is a good day to win some extra money. :D