What is ALL-IN Protection!?

swood

swood

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i keep seeing it and i am not too sure what it means?

thanks

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u disconect you hand will played out as you where all-in.
So if you are HU in a pot and disconect no more beting is made and that rest of the board comes out and the better hand wins.

StarlightCoast

StarlightCoast

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly used in limit games, basically it means that if you're in a hand and you have money in the pot and then you lose your connection, your hand is not automatically folded and instead is considered all-in without costing you any more chips. If you end up winning the hand you will win whatever chips were in the pot at the point you were disconnected. Any additional chips bet after your disconnection would be in a side pot.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bodog uses this crap (at least it did when I last played there). Horrible players disconnect intentionally to avoid paying for their super suckout draws. They just disconnect and hope they hit without having to put any more $$ in the pot. It's a crap rule that's too easy to abuse.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bodog uses this crap (at least it did when I last played there). Horrible players disconnect intentionally to avoid paying for their super suckout draws. They just disconnect and hope they hit without having to put any more $$ in the pot. It's a crap rule that's too easy to abuse.
Most sites i know that use this crap usualy have a 2or3 disconects a day rule so abuse is atleast limited.
But i agree its a terrible rule.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most sites i know that use this crap usualy have a 2or3 disconects a day rule so abuse is atleast limited.
But i agree its a terrible rule.

Yeah, I think you can "only" pull this crap twice per day at Bodog, but even once is too much imo.

totomen

totomen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
actually disconnecting inn the midddle of a good hand is so frsutrating that i would not call it crap
sometimes it's very usefull, if you do not overuse it
so one or two times a day is not so bad

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actually disconnecting inn the midddle of a good hand is so frsutrating that i would not call it crap

If you disconnect 1 or 2 times per day in the middle of a "good hand" you need to seek a more reliable internet provider.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing is if you genuinely disconnect it protects your interest in the hand. (fairness?). The abuse factor is kind of a way of short stacking against someone who has your stack covered. The short stack knows that even though he has a hand he does not want to go all in for his stack against the big stack so he disconnects to protect him from going out on the hand. (completely unfair). This is unique to online game so the rule varies from site to site, but I think that the move will be toward eliminating it, since dial up is now on the wane and genuine disconnects are getting fewer.

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I see this on several sites but cannot find a good way to use it to help my game. any suggestions.

How funny...Even after a bunch of posts explaining that it is a form of cheating you realy want to advice on how to cheat? This doesn't fly at CC my freind....

The Suggestion you asked for: Play fair, losing one hand isn't worth the risk of losing your entire BR and being banned from a site.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How funny...Even after a bunch of posts explaining that it is a form of cheating you realy want to advice on how to cheat? This doesn't fly at CC my freind....

The Suggestion you asked for: Play fair, losing one hand isn't worth the risk of losing your entire BR and being banned from a site.

Actually I think he wants the posts, I reported it anyway.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips

I see this on several sites but cannot find a good way to use it to help my game. any suggestions.
That's Incredible, they both want to use this to cheat, atleast we know what principles these two lack.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would like to see someone try that in a live tournament. In the middle of the hand, someone raises you.

"Screw it, I'm disconnecting and taking a leak! Take it as I'm all-in with the chips I have out there now! Tell me how I do when I get back."

:-/

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In response to zorba, you grouped totomen w/ rugby, but I think toto was just saying that its good if you actually get disconnected w/ a good hand, I don't think he was talking about using it for a cheat...at least thats what I got from it. And thanks everyone for your info, cause actually I never even thought of using it in that way(probably cause I'm not a total scumbag, and can't stand cheaters...same as thieves in my book.) Now I can look out for donks trying to abuse it .

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In response to zorba, you grouped totomen w/ rugby, but I think toto was just saying that its good if you actually get disconnected w/ a good hand, I don't think he was talking about using it for a cheat...at least thats what I got from it. And thanks everyone for your info, cause actually I never even thought of using it in that way(probably cause I'm not a total scumbag, and can't stand cheaters...same as thieves in my book.) Now I can look out for donks trying to abuse it .
How can it be "good" though, to get disconnected with a good hand? Unless of course you are not a good player. A good player will want to actually be in the hand, and have control over the pot. If you have to use all-in protection to protect yourself, then, I think you need another past time. :)

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think what he's trying to say Juicee.....is that SHOULD you end up with a hand...and get DC'd...at least you don't lose the WHOLE hand....OTOH he says..thanks..i never thought of using it that way....but I don't cheat...LOL

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
To RichKo, I can only go by what he said, and the part that makes me think that he wants to deliberatly do it is highlighted above.

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL zorba....I didn't realize he'd made both posts.....LOL @ using.

On a side note.....two weeks ago I was on dial up...and since I have gotten DSL...well the dial up would kick me every couple hours....but at least I knew when it was coming....for some reason with DSL tho....I lose connection with PS every so often just outta the blue.....damn that's aggravating....NORMALLY i'm not in a hand when this happens tho..

bestoboth

bestoboth

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know I always wondered what it meant too... until one day it happened to me and I came back to find more chips in my hand than I had when I got disconnected. I asked the table what happened and someone told me (got angry with me too... of course now I understand why). I would never have thought of "using" it as a means of cheating... Just shows that there must be several unscrupulous players out there (not that I didn't know that but still...)

On the other hand getting disconnected in the middle of a good hand has, as I mentioned, happened to me in the past and YES I sought a better internet provider... but sometimes it just HAPPENS. (We cannot get cable internet out here and sometimes when it rains, for some odd reason, our DSL gets a bit sketchy...).

I think that, especially when your playing with real money, there has to be some sort of fail-safe. The answer to those who don't want to be duped by those afforementioned unscrupulous players is to not play at tables that offer it. I know at PS they are not all like that so in that case, at least you have a choice.

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmmmmm.... I never even knew you COULD use it to cheat and disconnect yourself! I always thought it meant if the SITE disconnected you! But then I'm NOT a cheat and would never even consider using it anyway! And actually, the ONLY site I've been disconnected at was Full Tilt, and THEY were the ones who disconnected me! But I'm pretty sure they didn't put me all in, or whatever it is they do, 'cuz I wasn't there to see!:eek:

J

josegas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
allin protection save me very times!! lol...when i had a super slow connection..i love adsl... hehe

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I can see where you're comin from Zorba, I just thought he meant you don't get folded, you just keep you're bet how it was before the disconnection, so if you have a monster hand and you actually get disconnected (not because of cheating) you at least win some chips if you end up winning the hand. I too have DSL and whenever a thunderstorm comes I get disconnected all the time. I just dont play anymore if I'm expecting a bad storm. Because unfortunately the 4 times it has happened to me I have not been able to get back on for several hours.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
What gets me about these threads is that once we call someone out over what they say they never come back into the thread to defend themselves, that also makes me think they had nasty intentions.