what this a good play or not

L

LogicalRon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing Poker Club on PS4 it's a 10K buy in.

I have A9 suited spades I call bets until one guy goes all in about 21K everyone folds but I chose to call. when he flips is cards he has A6 non suited so only a 6 can beat me.. of course a 6 comes up and he wins with a pair.

Should I have called the all in?:confused:

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
An all in call with ace nine from any position is a bad call!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
An all in call with ace nine from any position is a bad call!

I doubt you'd come to same (weird) conclusion had he won that hand lol ...

L

LogicalRon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He did win the hand in the flop there was a 6 that is why I am asking was that a bad call. when someone goes all in and in this case I was right he didn't have more than me, I could ahve flopped a 9 just as he flopped a 6 or a 6 or 9 would have come up and I would ahve won.

what is the rule, what cards are all in call cards with 2 players left???

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Shark scope showed me why you would make this statement!

You should opt out at shark scope if you want to give advice about poker!:p

I would give the same advice no matter who had won the hand!

M

Mpennies

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good or not?

I have A9 suited spades I call bets until one guy goes all in about 21K everyone folds but I chose to call. when he flips is cards he has A6 non suited so only a 6 can beat me.. of course a 6 comes up and he wins with a pair.

I am no pro by any means. I think it depends on that specific player. What types of hands you have seen them play. Did they overplay their Ax, or play Ax with bad kickers. I play a lot of low stakes games and players seem to think the any Ace is good preflop, so I make sure I have a decent hand first. I think if you saw them play Ax with bad kickers or play bad cards preflop then it's a good call. But if they are tight and play relatively well then I would fold.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you wanted to win only this hand, then calling is correct, but if you wanted to win the tournament, then it was a mistake.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Shark scope showed me why you would make this statement!

You should opt out at shark scope if you want to give advice about poker!:p

I would give the same advice no matter who had won the hand!

Suited A9 < non suited A6 - i'd like to know what is your logic behind that

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Suited A9 < non suited A6 - i'd like to know what is your logic behind that

Ace nine didn’t know he was calling ace six off!
Ace six was making a play to win pre flop which was a better play than a CALL with ace nine!
This is how I think when I play a tournament!
Not all players agree!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think A9 is a very weak hand to call a 20bb all in most of the time!!! It's more like a bingo game than poker!!!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
All in with A 9 and A 6 it seems a bit out of place to move ...

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

The problem with your question is the lack of details. Without the details you really can't be given an answer.

IE, Your in the SB with 400k blinds 10K/20K and you called in the SB for 20K and the BB jams 21Kyou should call here and never think about it.

On the other hand your UNG with 22K blinds are 50/100 and you call and UNG jams 21K into the middle, A9 is a snap fold.

L

LogicalRon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to all who replied lets just call this topic over. Like you said wihtout all those details it's ahrd to advice. the problem with this PS4 game is the winning hand is on the screen a few seconds so sometimes I ddon't even know what the winning hand was when I ahve folded and not paying attention to the game.. it's a game on PS4 if a real game I would pay attention 100% of the time,.

The problem with Poker Club on Poker Club PS4 everyone bets crazy becasue it isn't real money so if you don't go all in on a decent hand they slowly eat your money with folds and blinds.

I enjoy the game and I ahve learned how to play better, you'll always have smart,dumb and medium players in a PS4 game or live game.

Thanks again to everyone:)

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you rated him as a maniac, in my opinion, a call is not a wrong move regardless of how the hand ended. If the player is unknown to you and you have not profiled him, my choice would be a fold.

L

LogicalRon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in games with him a lot and he often bets crazy and forces people out and wins with a pair. but sometimes he is unpredictable as well. So I am not not calling all in's unless I ahve to high cards and there is only me and one other person.

On top of that with this game you ahve to deal with some AI players and they are raising every hand and going all in on many hands, I fold with them all the time.

L

LogicalRon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This just happened to me with aa AI player I had AK in my hand the flop was 34A the turn was 2 the river 5 so the community cards where a straight A2345 I had AK in my hand the AI player had Q10 the game game him the win. with a straight in the table and my A being the high card should I have won? :confused:

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bro you need to read some books and learn the game! You have a lot to learn.

Best 5 cards wins!

O

otmputquant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a pro by any means but here is my perspective: If you knew this guy plays maniacally then maybe you were justified in the call and on avg you would beat him but not knowing how the villain plays, I would not call with those cards.

L

LogicalRon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bro you need to read some books and learn the game! You have a lot to learn.

Best 5 cards wins!
okay best 5 cards were on the table in the flop,turn and river so don't those card belong to both players in? then how do you break the tie?

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You split the pot! I think you are just trying to get in posts!

L

LogicalRon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Then there is abug in this game, the pot wasn't split the other player won and we both had a straight on the table and I had A,K in my hand the other player had Q,10

I may not know all the rules but I know the game has a bug the pot should ahve split if no kickers were used if we went to cards in hands I had the 2 high cards.

ebazynski

ebazynski

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks to all who replied lets just call this topic over. Like you said wihtout all those details it's ahrd to advice. the problem with this PS4 game is the winning hand is on the screen a few seconds so sometimes I ddon't even know what the winning hand was when I ahve folded and not paying attention to the game.. it's a game on PS4 if a real game I would pay attention 100% of the time,.

The problem with Poker Club on Poker Club PS4 everyone bets crazy becasue it isn't real money so if you don't go all in on a decent hand they slowly eat your money with folds and blinds.

I enjoy the game and I ahve learned how to play better, you'll always have smart,dumb and medium players in a PS4 game or live game.

Thanks again to everyone:)

I don't get it, you're asking for advice on a play money game? Seriously?

L

LogicalRon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You're right you don't get it, I was asking about texas hold'em it doesn't matter where or how it is played the rules are the same