Our wellness and poker

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How does your health and wellness affect your play? I only ask this question because I try to keep a healthy balance of health and wellness. Definitely not saying I have it mastered, but I find when I'm calm I make better decisions.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When you play poker, you must play poker. You should sleep well, be well fed and physically feel good, so that you feel comfortable and not distracted.

A

Ananke222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I feel well I play better, so I think that our wellness affects the result of the game

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I feel well I play better, so I think that our wellness affects the result of the game
Especially after a bad beat. I have to reach for my inner peace to avoid going on tilt or making risky bets.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In general, there is no doubt that the physical condition of the player has a great influence on the outcome of the game. I believe that good physical fitness and a stable emotional state are the key to success in any business.

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, there is no doubt that the physical condition of the player has a great influence on the outcome of the game. I believe that good physical fitness and a stable emotional state are the key to success in any business.
Very well said[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally agree when I get sick or in a bad mood I don’t play poker because I can’t make the right decision

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How does your health and wellness affect your play? I only ask this question because I try to keep a healthy balance of health and wellness. Definitely not saying I have it mastered, but I find when I'm calm I make better decisions.

For sure healthy food help you in improving game. I find myself that i'm better focusing on my poker session after i come back from gym. Also when i have a tilt session (rarely happens) i take a break and i go outside for a walk or jogging. When i come back i'm refreshed

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also agree that sport contributes to a successful outcome. I am 3-4 days a week, I am engaged in swimming. It helps me to be more disciplined and persistent. I also noticed that due to this I better achieve my goals.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's inside, then outside, outside then inside, I think there should be a Harmony and order in everything! All committed to the Dharma! I am Brahma!

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can't do great things, do at least little things, pick up a piece of paper on the street if you see it and throw it in the trash, it's one of the great things, even though it's so small.

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree when I get sick or in a bad mood I don’t play poker because I can’t make the right decision
This is the attitude I have most of the time[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure healthy food help you in improving game. I find myself that i'm better focusing on my poker session after i come back from gym. Also when i have a tilt session (rarely happens) i take a break and i go outside for a walk or jogging. When i come back i'm refreshed
Definitely when I come from the gym I relax a little easier.("Rarely happens")Bravo[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also agree that sport contributes to a successful outcome. I am 3-4 days a week, I am engaged in swimming. It helps me to be more disciplined and persistent. I also noticed that due to this I better achieve my goals.
No surprise that a lot of people attribute exercise to health, wellness and success. Awesome.

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can't do great things, do at least little things, pick up a piece of paper on the street if you see it and throw it in the trash, it's one of the great things, even though it's so small.
Totally agree[emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better play the first hours after you wake up. Also once in a while do the opposite just to get out of your comfort zone.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure physical and mental wellness helps support a proper decision making process and thus would improve your poker playing ability. Staying well rested and having a good diet are suppose to help, I remember a lot of pros used to be on weird poker diets and exercise regiments.

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure physical and mental wellness helps support a proper decision making process and thus would improve your poker playing ability. Staying well rested and having a good diet are suppose to help, I remember a lot of pros used to be on weird poker diets and exercise regiments.
I do recall the pros practicing some different techniques to improve play. Interesting the beginning of the health and wellness boom years back I believe.

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better play the first hours after you wake up. Also once in a while do the opposite just to get out of your comfort zone.
I think I do pretty good after some coffee early morning fresh mind[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As with every activity that you do poker also requires you to be in good condition to play your best game. It is typical for the players that are in the process of intensive learning their game to be heavily influenced by the physical condition in which they are. I personally try to play only when i am in good mood and fresh. Trying to play tired or drunk or in not good condition generally almost always resulted in bad results.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i actually think mental health is more important to poker than physical health.. if you are stressed out then it does not bode well..

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As with every activity that you do poker also requires you to be in good condition to play your best game. It is typical for the players that are in the process of intensive learning their game to be heavily influenced by the physical condition in which they are. I personally try to play only when i am in good mood and fresh. Trying to play tired or drunk or in not good condition generally almost always resulted in bad results.
It seems to me that even in order to live a better life and be your best person conditioning, health and wellness should also play a part in our everyday lives.[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i actually think mental health is more important to poker than physical health.. if you are stressed out then it does not bode well..
Not a lot of people talked about mental health mostly all physical. For me mental health is very important in all aspects of my life[emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm sports, nutrition and rest are essential for poker players. I can never achieve good results when I am not in good physical and mental shape. I always try to stretch my legs as soon as I have five minutes of rest and to stretch myself once a minimum.I also consume a lot of vitamin C to stay in shape and concentrate.