Welch on a bet at the tables and they dont pay up.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was playing a Jackpotfreeroll at ARC yesterday. A player at the table was badmouthing the players and being a total jerk. His play was loose with lots of all in. I called his all in with best hand and lost. He called me a MONKEY DONK so I rebought 2500 chips and bet him 100.00 I would finish better than him in tourney. He had 34,640 chips. He said I was crazy and didn't stand a chance so he took the bet. I finished 72 and he finished 79 and he wont pay. What would you do? I figured being such a jerk he wouldn't pay but there is a code among poker players. Should I expose him at the tables he plays at in the future of just let it go? Should I tell his name here?

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would let it go and consider it a lesson learned . If you want to challenge someone online get them o play head to head on a 2 man cash table . That's the only way I know of to guarantee to get paid .Good luck .

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will bet you he doesn't have $100 in his account. I kid I kid.....

P

p3645

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You think wrong. Why clutter up your thoughts in such rubbish? Imagine how much fun you gave him this game. Now think about what you are, even after the game think about his actions, which he did on purpose. Just I wrote a post about it. If he finds out about this, it will give him more pleasure, because he managed to annoy you.
You see, the problem lies elsewhere. You give in to their emotions, and this has a direct impact on your game. You must learn to be more restrained. And most importantly, when you are on tilt, you have to struggle to connect your mind and deal with anger. It is better to write a phrase like: "Yes, I lost, but it was going to happen, because the bad players win, too. It`s variance". And, absolutely, no matter what he says.. It does not matter you know what you want and get it. And besides, if he does, then he obviously has some problems. You do not answer it.
What makes people come back to it, remember it.
ps you probably already know all this, but I just wanted to help: D

Last edited:
monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
forget about him... and move on in life)
:bandit:

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You think wrong. Why clutter up your thoughts in such rubbish? Imagine how much fun you gave him this game. Now think about what you are, even after the game think about his actions, which he did on purpose. Just I wrote a post about it. If he finds out about this, it will give him more pleasure, because he managed to annoy you.
You see, the problem lies elsewhere. You give in to their emotions, and this has a direct impact on your game. You must learn to be more restrained. And most importantly, when you are on tilt, you have to struggle to connect your mind and deal with anger. It is better to write a phrase like: "Yes, I lost, but it was going to happen, because the bad players win, too. It`s variance". And, absolutely, no matter what he says.. It does not matter you know what you want and get it. And besides, if he does, then he obviously has some problems. You do not answer it.

What makes people come back to it, remember it.

ps you probably already know all this, but I just wanted to help: D

I was thinking I got into his head by making the bet with only and few chips to his monster stack. When I won I cannot help but think he was pissed off that his play was so bad. I was never on tilt at any time but determined to outdo the mouth at the table. I do understand what you are saying and its good advice. Thank you.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Call his ass out....
I think I will in the future. Go to his table and type this. Welcher. This will remind him what he did. I couldn't put up with the shame I would feel If I bet and didn't pay up.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no recourse for this. He might have same trouble you are if he finished lower. Was a poor bet to engage someone like that out of frustration.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't ever trust poker players... Would you have paid if he had won?

I don't trust any online people even outside poker.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would have paid. I could not live my life knowing I welched on a bet like that. I would have been on tilt for quite a while if I had lost. I think it would have been better to lose than win at this point. But Im over it.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I find it funny no one wanted to know the handle of the person that welched.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have paid. I could not live my life knowing I welched on a bet like that. I would have been on tilt for quite a while if I had lost. I think it would have been better to lose than win at this point. But Im over it.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I find it funny no one wanted to know the handle of the person that welched.

Huh? A loudmouth has you tilted? I don’t get it? It’s an unenforceable bet so it’s best to let it go. Good to hear what you would’ve done. Maybe go ahead and send over the hundred bucks.

Seriously tho,
Blocking chat is a thing. Try it next time.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing a Jackpotfreeroll at ARC yesterday. A player at the table was badmouthing the players and being a total jerk. His play was loose with lots of all in. I called his all in with best hand and lost. He called me a MONKEY DONK so I rebought 2500 chips and bet him 100.00 I would finish better than him in tourney. He had 34,640 chips. He said I was crazy and didn't stand a chance so he took the bet. I finished 72 and he finished 79 and he wont pay. What would you do? I figured being such a jerk he wouldn't pay but there is a code among poker players. Should I expose him at the tables he plays at in the future of just let it go? Should I tell his name here?

It is unenforceable and you should let it go.

You are rarely getting losing bet money out of people you don't know.

Look forward to exploiting his play the next time you see him!

Good luck !

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It is unenforceable and you should let it go.

You are rarely getting losing bet money out of people you don't know.

Look forward to exploiting his play the next time you see him!

Good luck !

The above, putting the name out there of a guy who supposedly welched on a $100 bet during an online free roll with someone he didn't know, really? Prolly ought to ignore the chat & focus on the poker. Good luck.

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I will in the future. Go to his table and type this. Welcher. This will remind him what he did. I couldn't put up with the shame I would feel If I bet and didn't pay up.
This would be considered harassment and probably result in getting you banned. You need to move on brother.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I like bad mouthing too but I would end up paying the bet at least that kind of bet. You should get your money back and good job coming from seventeen times behind.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I got is LOL at this. I mean come on are you serious here???? You are playing in a DonkFest FreeRoll and you think someone is going to keep a bet? You aren't playing live poker FFS... Those tourneys are like 98% DONKS.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So what I get out of most of the posts is there is no honor in the people that play online poker??????? If that is true why play? Hang around all day with a bunch of scumbags? Well I still think there are some that would pay the bet off. I just ran into a player that has no honor. Being a DONK don't make you a welcher does it?

I get what you guys are saying and I was crazy like the guy said to make the bet. But it was worth it just to beat the *****!!!!

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean i guess you could expose him per say here and oet others know to not ever make bets with him or something but i really dont see the point if it...chalk it up as a lesson learned

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best just to forget it and dont bet at the tables again.:):):)