Weirdest things at tables online/in person

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a satellite tournament a while back that was a 55 cent entry fee. After a break midway through the tournament 7 of the 9 people did not return to the table and were instantly folding their hands. This forced me and the only other active player to play heads up and bet quickly to pick up the other players' blinds. I ended up knocking the other player out because I was repeatedly shoving. I ended up making it to the final table but not qualifying.

I was wondering if any of you have had any weird poker stories where the hands played oddly and would love to hear them.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I could not have a strange story about poker, I played on the satellite. There were 6 people in the game and there were 2 prize tickets, I lost the Internet during the game, I was a little upset and while I connected to the Internet and zashol in the room the tournament was already over, I already thought that I was knocked out of the tournament but I looked that I was registered in the tournament automatically and it was a joy for me that I was not beaten and I won the ticket!

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe (kinda) that when you are having a good luck streak (that you know won't last much longer) and know its time to pull out to regroup before going back in, you will get a hand you cant not play like AK AJ AA KK QQ JJ etc that will lead to a big bad beat taking a chunk or more from what you just won. Lol hope that made sence

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was holding my baby cousin while playing a cash game. I decided to play a higher table than usual and had a few hundred on the table which was my whole bankroll at the time. It was dumb but i told myself i would just play safe and fold mostly. Four hands in 3 of the six players go all in preflop. I was holding 10 2 off suit so as i lifted my phone to fold my baby cousin slaps my phone out of my hands and it hits the ground. Battery pops out and everything. After frantically turning it back on and logging back in i find my balance is close to a $1000 higher than it was before! Turned out he called all in when he slapped the phone. An infent is the reason behind my biggest win. Skillz!

F

Frankie Potts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a freeroll . There were 2 guys on the table. Me and another guy. And he asked me like "next hand all in?" . I was playing for fun so I said "yea". I won though