Weird strategy

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello poker friends !
I'm just very curious, maybe someone who are doing this will answer to me :D I often notice some players long time folding during tournament and then they raise , reraise and even go all in with pocket 10 6 or something like it. Is it a joke ? Are you guys are folding A K and better :D or what ?

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In freeroll tournaments, people do crazy things. Raise with zero chances and all in with nothing.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a lot of strange players in poker...and it's not something you can see :)

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every player, who is playing poker has his own style of playing with different strategy and opinions how it is good for him to play in the game. You are thinking these players are very strange, but they are thinking the same for the people, who are only calling or waiting for strong hands. That is the reason why poker is very interesting , because it is like the life - it is interesting, because the people are different - it is the same in poker - different opinions=different players and various plays. You should deal with every player, regardless his type of playing.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably were away from their keyboard or not paying attention to the tournament then came back and just said YOLO... that was the first hand they were paying attention to and decided to just go AI

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are people in poker who don't even know the rules
they just randomly press buttons

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When I am away from my computer, my pet monkey plays for me. He makes a lot of dumb plays just like that. Really messes with my table image.
Oops, is it against the terms of service to let my pet play my account? Forget I mentioned it.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, maybe they are just bored of receiving only bad cards and trying to use a tight image on the table to try to steal some chips. And there are players that think that all in is always the best way to bluff.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When do they start playing this way? Are they getting down to 10 bb or so and feel like they need to make a move soon? Maybe they are playing to their table image they have established and feel like everyone will fold and they can still the blinds and get some chips. Could be many reasons and not just they are stupid or having their monkey play. 🤪

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes lots of strange things in this world! Take for example the rule-- I before E, except after C or when sounded as A, as in neighbour and weigh. So you have it right but it breaks all the rules and I think that is just weird!

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello poker friends !
I'm just very curious, maybe someone who are doing this will answer to me :D I often notice some players long time folding during tournament and then they raise , reraise and even go all in with pocket 10 6 or something like it. Is it a joke ? Are you guys are folding A K and better :D or what ?
hi hi szach!! :ciao:
maybe depends on stack size & player's read of opponents?
"all in" is a most valuable offensive weapon in poker

blond.jpg

Copag

Copag

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are millions of people who play poker and each uses a strategy, some play looser, that is, they play many hands that are known as "loose", others play harder, that is, few hands that are known as "tight". So it is common for these types of moves that you comment.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
some use this strategy to raise the pot or catch a re-bet or also putting the cards on the table because most of these people will see if everything goes with a k on the flop to the river

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since people don’t pay to freerolls, they are hoping for a lottery. They proceed from the idea that they are better off either loose or trying to increase the number of their chips by 2 or 3 times. In paid inexpensive tournaments this also happens, but at the initial stage. Soon most of these players leave, giving their chips due to errors to more thinking players. However, on the bubble many people begin to play more passively, expecting other players to drop out before them. Then upon reaching ITM such a preflop lottery begins again, discarding bad players again and again.

The main thing to understand is that raising bets with bad cards is a bad idea in the long term. If you yourself want to do this for fun, do it after reaching the prize places. Then you will not waste time on the tournaments in vain :)

And yes, on preflop even 2 aces do not guarantee anything. Go all in on the turn or river only, making sure your chances are really high!

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As others comment, this is probably in freeroll or play money.

This doesn't happen a lot in paid games unless it's situational like they are short stacked.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The same thing has happened to me many times. In most FREE tournaments and especially first hands, players play very strange hands in very strange ways. Just because they are free and they want to increase their winnings soon to be able to continue in the tournament or to withdraw quickly for home haha. It is very difficult to understand their strategy haha. Regards!

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These players count on banal luck in the hope of winning over the mud. It happens that trusting intuition you go all in with any suited bunch.:)

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was playing a 5NL cash game with a person who had stats of like 10/7 over almost 100 hands. They were in MP (6-max), and the UTG player raised. The tight player 3 bet. This was the first 3-bet in the almost 100 hands. I had crap and got out of their way.

NITs gonna NIT, and I just moved on. Everyone folds except the UTG player. The flop was K-high and the UTG player and the tight player got all in on the flop. "What was the super tight player's hand?" you ask. You're probably thinking AA, or KK, or at the very worst AK. Nope... he had K6 offsuit. He folded nearly all of 100 hands, only to stack off 100xbb deep with K6o. The micros are a weird place sometimes.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There´re many crazy people in freerolls. Thus, it´s a lotte.
Payment entries are more practical than freerolls.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm shortstacked I will sometimes raise with a 'bad' hand when I'm in the right position.
When you have less than 10BB, you have to take some risk.