Weak decisions that make thinkers go Hum……

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I sit here between playing hands in our daily CC freeroll I think to myself “Why are sites like PS blocking access to tools like flopzilla”?
It is so easy to work around these restrictions for anyone who has access to two computers; using flopzilla on one computer while not connected to an open poker site will allow the user to access the functionality of the tool while not being detected on the other computer which is operating on a poker site.
What does everyone think on my observation? :confused:;):D

P

PokerWahoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, people are going to find ways to get around it. But it is still against TOS......... and if Stars ever finds out, they will ban the user when they try to cashout

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends how good security is i guess....not that you should

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see nothing wrong with it. You should be able to use all tools available to you to win. My personal opinion

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like since these tools are relatively affordable - some of them are free - and available to everyone...that it shouldnt be a big deal if people use them. For me, if i beat a player pool full of users working with those tools - i just feel better about the way i played.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, people are going to find ways to get around it. But it is still against TOS......... and if Stars ever finds out, they will ban the user when they try to cashout

Using my example of using flopzilla off-line (not connected to the internet) with one computer, while playing online with a second computer, explain to everyone, how would any poker site be able to detect any off-line computer and thus ban said individual for life?
I have been in the high-tech industry since 1984 and I still try to keep abreast of techy things even though I no longer am in this field, I personally am not aware of any method of detecting the usage of an off-line computer that is neither part of a network or transmitting Wi-Fi .
If you believe you know otherwise, please enlighten me. :)

FYI. I personally do not use any type of poker tools including huds, the thought just popped into my mind as I was waiting and getting bored for the next round of cards to be dealt in the freeroll .... lol

Last edited:
Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think it is more important to try to improve your own skills during the game.
You can become a successful player if you are patient and disciplined.
Various auxiliary programs for poker will not bring you success.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The proliferation of people using programs to aid in their decisions absolutely destroyed online backgammon. I can only hope the same doesnt happen with poker.