WARNING: Watch out for this scam artist - Grfldno

T

The Dr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I appreciate all the positive feedback in regards to this thread. Poker is a great game and we really do not need these (scammers) types of people ruining it for us. They should be exposed for what they are so no others can be taken advantage of. If we get enough people taking action against such things, slowly but surely, there will be no room left for them.

T

The Dr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Doc. I must say that you are a person that is very concerned about the well being of not only online poker, but it's players as well. This is your (?) second thread in CC about serious problems. First with a site(Ultimatebet) second with a scammer(Grfldno). Thank you! And I believe I owe you an apology for my retort in the Ultimatebet situation.(You're right, would not vote for a second term, well said;) ) :eek: One would hope that when the US government thinks about legalising online poker that these threads/posts are used to help convince them it's not all bad.

No apologies necessary, you're opinion is always welcome, although I may debate it if mine differs from yours. :)

I may come across harsh at times but I believe it's because I feel so strongly about such issues. As I mentioned in the above post, poker should be about having fun, not worrying about where and if your money is safe. A lot of people grind hard for their money and the last thing they deserve, is it to be stolen. Thieves in the real world and thieves online are the same in my eyes.

Also, what I may do when I feel I should warn these boards/the poker community about a future scammer, is create one thread named "beware of these scammers". And just list the people everyone needs to be on the watch for. That way I don't create a bunch of numerous threads and it can just stay in one area. That of course would have to be approved by the mods/admin here. Once people get kicked off transfer sites, some tend to come to sites that do not have them and start pming members for trades.

Last edited:
Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the heads up. I hope we here at CC interface with our brethern i.e other sites to let them know of this character.

T

The Dr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I have had a couple of pm's already(which I just took the time to figure them out..I think). One being a moderator of another forum wanting to copy and paste this to warn their members too. It's a great idea and I was more than pleased to be able to help.

LOL Im also content with being the one posting this thread instead of his sister..I think she was a little angry to be making threads. It may have even been deleted if she carried on with her language... Which I can totally understand her frustration. Sometimes it takes someone from the outside looking in to help out so all the points and facts are clear to the readers.

I only get 7 posts a day so I better save a couple for the other forums on here!

Edit: Again my apologies to dakota as I spelled her name wrong a second time after I thought I fixed it. facepalm

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I have had a couple of pm's already(which I just took the time to figure them out..I think). One being a moderator of another forum wanting to copy and paste this to warn their members too. It's a great idea and I was more than pleased to be able to help.

LOL Im also content with being the one posting this thread instead of his sister..I think she was a little angry to be making threads. It may have even been deleted if she carried on with her language... Which I can totally understand her frustration. Sometimes it takes someone from the outside looking in to help out so all the points and facts are clear to the readers.

I only get 7 posts a day so I better save a couple for the other forums on here!

Edit: Again my apologies to dakota as I spelled her name wrong a second time after I thought I fixed it. facepalm

Your 7 post restriction was lifted yesterday morning. :)

I will barter with you on the on-going thread thing by pm. :p

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there some kind of Mod network? That would be good for everyone involved. Share stories like this idiot all across the net? Get workin on that, Dakota.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Moral of the story: don't transfer money to complete strangers as although most people are trustworthy some are not.

If someone pockets the money you transferred to them, you have no recourse. You can certainly go and spread the word and and try and tarnish their web reputation, but the sad truth is that unless they voluntarily give it back you will not see that money again.

Thanks for the heads up, but there is 100% no way I would transfer money to someone whom I knew nothing about. I just about feel comfortable dealing with members who have been regular posters for 12months +

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay - I'm a little confused by all this! It would appear there is a culture of sending complete strangers money!? Are we talking good poker players being staked by others within the online poker community with some sort of agreement to pay them a decent return on their investment? Never heard of this. When I read the OP my initial reaction was: "well don't send complete strangers your money you massive plonker" but after reading that 2+2 thread it would appear that this is a fairly common practice. Seems like a system which is begging for people to scam and exploit!! If anybody could shed any light about all this I'd be interested to hear. I feel a bit clueless at the moment. I think I've reached my 7 post limit for the day so If I won't be able to reply today, but thanks in advance...

There are many kind souls who try to help people they don't know by sending them money to play online tournaments in staking arrangements (definitely in the multi-millions these days), send money to complete transfers between poker sites, just send small amounts to those "supposedly" down on their luck (but a lot are rail scammers just making money by begging)

And there are just as many Unkind Souls out there trying to steal from the above people any way they can....

A

akaCLINT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the info...
On the other hand..., i will never unstand how people can give away money so lightly...
GL all
aC

T

The Spillage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many kind souls who try to help people they don't know by sending them money to play online tournaments in staking arrangements (definitely in the multi-millions these days), send money to complete transfers between poker sites, just send small amounts to those "supposedly" down on their luck (but a lot are rail scammers just making money by begging)

And there are just as many Unkind Souls out there trying to steal from the above people any way they can....

Thanks for that WEC. All sounds pretty dodgy to me. So hopefully this thread has helped raise awareness of the issue.

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grfldno worte:(The person that wanted a tranfer just tranfered the money to me before making a deal, and If someone just tranfers money to me, I dont complain..

Yes, I am banned from 2p2(Which isnt a big deal for me, since I dont like the forum anyways, its full of kids)

Railbirds? I dont know about that site anyways, so if I am banned there, It really doesnt hurt me.

So go on and ban me here aswell, As I know the truth, and really dont care what any other human being thinks)
holder.gif
........ Let me get this straight....did this guy just admit to keeping the funds??I know he just didn't say ban me i don't give a damn!??WHY ARE YOU POSTING HERE THEN!

Last edited:
P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well that's interesting and thanks for the info. i've been warned.;)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I don't agree with the guy keeping the money, but if the guy did send funds without making a deal first then he got what he deserved.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't agree with the guy keeping the money, but if the guy did send funds without making a deal first then he got what he deserved.

I dont think he "deserved" to lose his money. However I do think it was pretty stupid to hand over money to a complete stranger. I dont think the 'deal' really has any bearing on it. If the guy is happy to rob someone, an email promising not to rob him isn't really going to make all that much difference.

Its a shame it happened, but as I said before it would never happen to me as I would never transfer money to a stranger.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
OK, saying he got what he deserved is a bit harsh, I agree that it was a stupid thing to do.

G

gARFIELDNO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, Im back to clear some things out;
First off, the reason why this poster wont show the whole conversation from facebook is because of the only reason of itself: Vanessa Tomlinson (obviously the sister of the poster) made herself look really immature, plus she was threatening me about stuff that was way over her/their heads.

Please post rest of the conversation or I will :)

and second, you try to make me look so bad by saying I've scammed SEVERAL persons over a long period of time, Please show me who I've scammed? Because I really like to know.

None else then Roo21t or also known as Alexander Lazo have sent me money without making a deal with me.

Sure, Call me a scammer, or whatever.
But sending someone money without making sure its a deal before doing so, Is just in my opinion plain stupid.

If this person didnt threathen me, or sending others to threathen me, I would consider sending the money back, as I am well aware of that this wasnt my money.

But sending money to someone(without making a deal) and then just firing out threaths plus saying you will go the police with it etc etc (Which I am still waiting for to happend) You really should look twice at yourself and figure out why the hell you were born.

But on a more serious note, i would really like you to post the names of the person's I've scammed, plus post evidence on it, because without evidence you wont get far.

Regards, Grfldno

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, Im back to clear some things out;
First off, the reason why this poster wont show the whole conversation from facebook is because of the only reason of itself: Vanessa Tomlinson (obviously the sister of the poster) made herself look really immature, plus she was threatening me about stuff that was way over her/their heads.

Please post rest of the conversation or I will :)

and second, you try to make me look so bad by saying I've scammed SEVERAL persons over a long period of time, Please show me who I've scammed? Because I really like to know.

None else then Roo21t or also known as Alexander Lazo have sent me money without making a deal with me.

Sure, Call me a scammer, or whatever.
But sending someone money without making sure its a deal before doing so, Is just in my opinion plain stupid.

If this person didnt threathen me, or sending others to threathen me, I would consider sending the money back, as I am well aware of that this wasnt my money.

But sending money to someone(without making a deal) and then just firing out threaths plus saying you will go the police with it etc etc (Which I am still waiting for to happend) You really should look twice at yourself and figure out why the hell you were born.

But on a more serious note, i would really like you to post the names of the person's I've scammed, plus post evidence on it, because without evidence you wont get far.

Regards, Grfldno

I don't think there is much to clear up.

Have you sent the money back or have you kept it?

I think its stupid to send money to a stranger but I think its much worse to keep it.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think its stupid to send money to a stranger but I think its much worse to keep it.
This and if they posted they wanted a trade and you made a reply that you would be interested, maybe they just thought if they sent you would keep up your end.
Dumb thing to do, but what you did is just ignorant.
Nothing you can say is going to make you look even semi decent.
You sir, are a thief.

G

gARFIELDNO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Dont think there's much to clear up? Well, I had to make sure that everyone knew that it was just a blowup from some kids trying to be tough on the interwabz..

Saying I've scammed several persons without proving it,
Saying I'm trying to add people on facebook(Why the hell would I do that if I was gonna scam them?)
Saying I've been banned from Pstars and Fulltilt(I play on both sites every single day)

And several lies that comes with it, It really makes me sick.

Yes, I did keep the money, because like I said, if the person that tranfered the money to me just told me he wanted them back without making a big fuzz out of it, I would've sent them back.

But this person did not admit that he did wrong by sending money without making a deal, therefor he started making threats against me, and therefor I decided I wouldnt be nice to him if he wasnt gonna be nice to me, Which he should be, because is it my fault that he did such a mistake? -
The answer: No.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just because someone accidentally sent you money, doesn't mean it's yours - at least in the UK, where you could be prosecuted for theft and you would be convicted.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look I'm going to ask for you to be banned.

There isnt much to discuss with you. You are a thief and we don't want known thieves here.

The proof is in your own posts. You admit to having the money, you also state that you haven't sent it back.

You are just trying to play some silly childish game here where you are effectively taunting the OP that you have the money but are undecided as to whether or not OP deserves the money back.

G

gARFIELDNO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just because someone accidentally sent you money, doesn't mean it's yours - at least in the UK, where you could be prosecuted for theft and you would be convicted.

I fully understand that Mr.
But sending someone money, without making a deal, and then suddenly start threathen em without asking politly to get them back is just stupid.

At least thats human nature.

Say for example a guy came up to you on the street, Giving you money without saying why, then walk away.

After about half an hour, he comes back with his friends and threathens you, and calling you a thief.

Thats just doesnt make much sense to me, If it does to you, please fill me in; Or no.. Dont.. Because there's no SENSE in that matter.

G

gARFIELDNO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Look I'm going to ask for you to be banned.

There isnt much to discuss with you. You are a thief and we don't want known thieves here.

The proof is in your own posts. You admit to having the money, you also state that you haven't sent it back.

You are just trying to play some silly childish game here where you are effectively taunting the OP that you have the money but are undecided as to whether or not OP deserves the money back.

If you've actually read what I've said, You would understand more, but you obviously care to much about being Mr.Law and not seeing the whole picture, damn retards now a days.. YES BAN ME AGAIN.. I really dont care, the thing I cared about was that the OP tried to make me look bad, Which aint gonna help, cus I know the truth ;) thanks.. retards.. RETARDS RETARDS

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fully understand that Mr.
But sending someone money, without making a deal, and then suddenly start threathen em without asking politly to get them back is just stupid.

At least thats human nature.

Say for example a guy came up to you on the street, Giving you money without saying why, then walk away.

After about half an hour, he comes back with his friends and threathens you, and calling you a thief.

Thats just doesnt make much sense to me, If it does to you, please fill me in; Or no.. Dont.. Because there's no SENSE in that matter.
Did you have any idea before they sent it that they were looking for a trade, or did the money magically appear and when you searched their name found all this out?
Stu is right, your play on words to try and make yourself look better is not working here. The majority of us are level headed adults, and you are running some high school mind crap.
I second the second banning:D

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you've actually read what I've said, You would understand more, but you obviously care to much about being Mr.Law and not seeing the whole picture, damn retards now a days.. YES BAN ME AGAIN.. I really dont care, the thing I cared about was that the OP tried to make me look bad, Which aint gonna help, cus I know the truth ;) thanks.. retards.. RETARDS RETARDS

You have someone elses money and you will not give it back.

You are a thief

You are scum

You are not wanted here.