WARNING: I've never been so ashamed...

G

greener_lax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the US you are able to receive your driver's license at age 16.
I have been in Italy for the past week or so, and I have seen many 12 year olds drinking and smoking cigarettes on the side of the street. It is astonishing if you ask me.

canada it's 16 as well. in alberta you can get a learner's license at 14.
it's funny because america has alot more problems with alcohol than canada, even though the drinking age is older....

B

baby kahuna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like more than all you need some growing up to do. Thank god it was only losing your online bankroll. You could have fallen down being drunk or something and lost something much dearer. Believe me Ive seen it. A drunk friend of mine stumbled off a curb and cracked his head open.
Once you establish a nice bankroll it should never be going back. You start chasing and thats what hooks you up. Like Scotty says "take a walk away from the table, baby!". In the last final event at the wsop he had such a large stack that he could of walked away had a coffee and come back and be on the final table. But his ego started getting the better of him and he donked off his chips and ended up 11th. He says so himself. Take this as a lesson and take poker seriously. Not as just a game but a challenge.
I have 800% profit from my original buy in at Full Tilt. I hope to triple that by the end of the year. But only diligence, study, and organization will help me do that. Learn to use odds in your favor. Learn to use your BR as a weapon. To do all that you got to remain sober.

B

baby kahuna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
canada it's 16 as well. in alberta you can get a learner's license at 14.
it's funny because america has alot more problems with alcohol than canada, even though the drinking age is older....

Have you ever been to a Hockey game? Canada's got a lot of alchohol problems as well.

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he was playing MTTs with a $10 starting roll, he was playing beyond his bankroll.

What would you suggest he do with all that cash. ($10.00) Go play at a .01/.02 cent cash game, if that even exists. He risked 40% of his bankroll on a tournament and didn't look back till he partied.

Loosen up a little here Kyle, I lose more then that with change falling out of my pockets in a week.

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loosen up a little here Kyle, I lose more then that with change falling out of my pockets in a week.

You should catch that change and buy a new pair of britches :D

BTW, britches = pants

G

greener_lax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever been to a Hockey game? Canada's got a lot of alchohol problems as well.

yes, and there's not really a problem. you can't bring alcohol from home and if you act like an idiot your kicked out. i went to a cleavlend indians game and found it to be more of a problem. pre capita, the usa has more problems with alcohol than canada. as well with so many other things...:D

S

SankTheTank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one of the many reasons im alcohol free.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While it may be true that playing the four dollar game with ten bucks br isn't that big of a "sin" as far as BRM (since if your br is easily replaceable you should be more wiling to risk it), continuing to play $14 games with $144, and $34 and $16 games with about $250 is a lot more grievous. I think it's pretty clear that there is a patter of overplaying br here.

We are not told the buy in of the cash game where the $150 was lost, but I have to suspect that it was probably $50NL, which is also way above where he should be.

So, don't feel too badly buddy: you were doomed to go broke eventually, drinking or not.

btw, you probably should think about your argument a little more when about to disagree with someone who has the IRON FIST OF LOGIC as their avater...

P

PetaBread11

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is why I never deposit money, and I just play freerolls. You'll win some money and if you ever lose enough to make you mad you can shake it off in a couple of days saying that it's not like you lost anything you already had.:)

player7000

player7000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i will admit when he had only $10 to start with he was limited on what to play BR wise.But when he won and got it up to $254,then he should have started using BR principles and guidelines!!!:D

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btw, you probably should think about your argument a little more when about to disagree with someone who has the IRON FIST OF LOGIC as their avater...

[x] essential advice for the forums
[x] should be added to OSHA workplace safety manuals
[x] likely to be quoted in an upcoming edition of The Darwin Awards when someone succumbs to death by logical crushing
[ ] likely to be heeded