vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I often notice lately that some players wait until the last minute trying to move with a few blinds, when they are already in the prizes and the prize money does not differ at all? Does it make any sense?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don't think it makes sense, they don't get it

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe he wants to wait out the page jump in order to get a little more prize money, although this does not always work.

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I had a guy today run the clock down every time it came to him. He ran down 8 bbs and finished in exactly the same place, so infuriating. He even did the old disconnect trick, thing is the pay jump was 60 cents haha. Fml.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that for some of those who play freerolls, even a few cents matter. But to their regret, such tactics rarely lead to major victories.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The sad thing is they really think they are being so clever and pulling a good move, but everyone else is just laughing at them

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Maybe he wants to wait out the page jump in order to get a little more prize money, although this does not always work.
If they really want that then they can always sit out while letting other players to eliminate eachother ...

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Either they're Trying to survive as long as possible at the cost of patience of the other players or they're simply distracted.

When I'm at the last table for the evening, I often start doing other stuff and also notice it happens more often that I overlook that it's my time to act. 😅

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It makes no sense other than the fact that they are NIT players hoping for a good hand.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I often notice lately that some players wait until the last minute trying to move with a few blinds, when they are already in the prizes and the prize money does not differ at all? Does it make any sense?
The reasons may be different. Perhaps such players need time to make a decision, or these players are playing at several more tables. To be honest, it doesn't matter to me personally. When I play poker, I'm never in a hurry.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you don't have a chance to jump it really doesn't make sense.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Did you watch the MTT live???
There are players who see their cards and if they are removed immediately they throw them away. But there are others that, even if opened or folded, always take 20 seconds and do either of the two movements.
Instead, I only wait when I have doubts about whether or not to play a hand, or when I have a good hand, I see the whole situation at the table to act accordingly.
If I see cards and it retreats, I immediately throw them away.
Cheers;););)

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Waiting makes sence if next pay jump is very soon.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's already ITM and the prize are the same or only a few cents more than I don't understand either. But it can be other reasons why they take all the time to act, like they are playing several tables at the same time or doing something else while they are playing the tournament.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

I met a lot of these players. No, it doesn´t make any sense

Rgds

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you pay for a tournament with a buy in of $109 and the itm guarantees you to secure that amount, I assure you that I will use all the tricks at my disposal. On the contrary, if there are 60 cents at stake and incidentally in a freeroll, it makes no sense.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Did you watch the MTT live???
There are players who see their cards and if they are removed immediately they throw them away. But there are others that, even if opened or folded, always take 20 seconds and do either of the two movements.
Instead, I only wait when I have doubts about whether or not to play a hand, or when I have a good hand, I see the whole situation at the table to act accordingly.
If I see cards and it retreats, I immediately throw them away.
Cheers;););)
I just commented on how little I rate online poker.
live is another story I believe.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Do folks need a reason to play within the rules?

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any legal way to get into the prize pool is good, I used to play against time more than once to get to the last minute wins and then to the final table.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
All this is done to get as far as possible to the prize money, especially with a small stack you can be transferred to another table, and there you can wait until some of the players fly out, I played once in a tournament at 888 and I was transferred with a small stack 6 times in a row, I didn’t even play, but only changed tables, and as a result, instead of 30 cents, I earned $ 2.40 without actually playing.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think it makes no sense, but each player may have their own reasons for playing this way. The reason can be a bad Internet connection, or a large number of tables that a player plays at the same time, or a banal fear of making the wrong decision.
Good luck.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it makes sense, if a couple of people remain until the next segment of the prize zone, the winnings will not be much, but more. And sometimes the person who has one blind left makes a normal stack out of it and wins the tournament.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If other players make plays that make no sense, isnt that good for you? Why be bothered by it.