VR poker is the future?

U

UDN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you heard about the imminent appearance of VR poker at pokerstars?) I think it will be nice to sit at a table in a virtual reality helmet and play poker. It is a pity that it will be impossible to see the emotions on the opponent's face, but it will still be very atmospheric. Can you imagine a professional tournament with Negreanu, Hellmuth or Brunson? :D

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
VR/AR is definitely the future, imho. Of course, I haven't heard of any real money VR option yet. But it's coming.

Last edited:
S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think VR is the future, I think it's a novelty and will attract the attention of many people, nothing more.

U

UDN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
VR/AR is definitely the future, imho. Of course, I haven't heard of any real money VR option yet. But it's coming.
Well, VR poker has just appeared, PokerStars already introduces it to the room, in the future of course there will be an opportunity to play for real money.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I should try to play VR, it would be interesting:)

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not see development in this direction. These games are designed for children. Everything will be different. Man can only meditate, and God commands.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi would be great, it is something innovative for poker, and would be good that helmets make them Pokerstars and improve technology there and be able to add some emotions or detectors them to make this town better.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me, sounds gimmicky. The game doesn't need graphics.
Then again, thinking as I typed the last two sentences, I'm all for it. I think it's a great way to bring new people, who know little about poker but want to learn.
Yes please! Put me at that table! :) $$$$

I

I3onez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
VR is the right way to go will pull in so much new users just to try it and then stick around 4 good

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sounds really cool! I would love to try it.

H

hermaeris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually don't find it very appealing. VR is something for an interesting surrounding, for landscapes or fascinating action.
Playing against a computer that vaguely looks like Negreanu isn't something I would yearn to do.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
VR poker is really cool ..I thought he was already in poker ..to see real people certainly great)With Negreanu no desire to play,I want to leave your money where it is:):):)

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's nothing more in poker that i enjoy, that is being at a table with REAL people, has long has it is possible. I don't refuse VR, i think i will try one day because i say "never" to anything, but it's too robotic for me in the poker world.

S

SpiteShock

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to go out and buy an Oculus just for this. I wonder if it is the future though...could end up being a failed experiment or a brief fad.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does it require the purchase of expensive equipment?

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. VR poker would be very cool. I could see other players virtual image. You can't display emotions on VR?