Video Games VS Poker

LenilsonF7

LenilsonF7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who has never had video games as hobbies? When I was a child and to this day I still have, however, no longer as my main hobbies.

Time passes for everyone and we discover new and challenging things. This new challenge in my life goes by the name of Poker.

That's right, Poker made me born a new passion, a passion I learned in about five minutes, but I have struggled every day to master a little alone, ah, ah, ah ...

He has helped me to continue the formation of my personality, in which I feel a better person. In addition to being an entertainment, a hobby, giving profits and the main, it helps when making any important decision in my life, because soon comes in my mind the most diverse situations that we face at the tables Poker.

And you, how do you see video games and Poker at the moment of their lives?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No doubt poker is the best choice. In my opinion, poker has a positive effect on mental activity of the person. Computer games, in most cases, have a negative impact on the mental state.

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who has never had video games as hobbies? When I was a child and to this day I still have, however, no longer as my main hobbies.

Time passes for everyone and we discover new and challenging things. This new challenge in my life goes by the name of Poker.

That's right, Poker made me born a new passion, a passion I learned in about five minutes, but I have struggled every day to master a little alone, ah, ah, ah ...

He has helped me to continue the formation of my personality, in which I feel a better person. In addition to being an entertainment, a hobby, giving profits and the main, it helps when making any important decision in my life, because soon comes in my mind the most diverse situations that we face at the tables Poker.

And you, how do you see video games and Poker at the moment of their lives?

Well both of them showed me that i have to master my mental side, FIFA 19 made me broke my control, and poker always me mad when i loose tournaments or misplayed a hand :eek:, so i'm trying to fix my mental issues by reading some books rs (Elements of Poker and The mental game of Poker). And i pretty sure that's going to help my live so much with i win this against myself haha, of course i enjoy playing both of them and that's why i will keep trying. Cheers !

Ps: Are you from brazil ? (because of your nickname)

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two great ways to enjoy free time! When I'm playing one or another, time passes so fast, meaning that I'm having a great time!

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Once upon a time I played a lot of video games. But then I got tired of it. And I'm not tired of poker, at least until today.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's the same thing for me I like poker as well as the video games of preferance strategy games or Battlegrounds which is still my favorite for the moment.

MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you play poker as a hobby (ie not professionally), I think it is equivalent to video games, at least the RTS type games. Both offer challenge and entertainment.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both and play both...the video games takes your mind off the poker when you're running badly so you won't loose too much of your bank.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both still attract me, the video game me pile least think I need to tame my impulses in poker. Still.

A

akjordan16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker

It even ain't a question Poker, video games have free action and is a bad influence on todays life in General. So play poker for free and possibly become a professional and champ.

Last edited:
S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy playing both however more recently i’ve been playing more poker so I’ll have to go with poker.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a child I played video games, I play it very rarely now. I like poker, it's an intellectual and very interesting game. Poker can also generate revenue.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the better option is playing poker. I propose to everyone to fight for poker. The games are interesting but I do not know if they can live with them, so I think the poker is better. Greeting!

B

Bugdoubt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What about playing poker in a video game?

Red dead redemption 2 contains quite a fun poker option

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love(d) video games as a kid up to 2007. X-box was the best invention until I discovered online poker. I still have a WPT and wsop game for them, lol. I played them until I was able to afford a computer and get online. I haven't looked back since. Plus there are no HALO or Tiger Woods-PGA freerolls. Poker wins. R.I.P. Xbox. :saint:

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has a way better positive effect as far as choice and mental effect and decision making goes. It can help you build interpersonal skills people reading skills if you play it live and help you read when people are lying to you if you play it live as well. Playing tournments and SNGs can help you build endurance and patience and test your will in certain situations. Plating for higher limits will test your wits and money management skills. Poker puts you and your life skills to the in so many different ways you can't count them all and it builds personality you will know your true self once you hit the table at a real game that for sure.

LenilsonF7

LenilsonF7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well both of them showed me that i have to master my mental side, FIFA 19 made me broke my control, and poker always me mad when i loose tournaments or misplayed a hand :eek:, so i'm trying to fix my mental issues by reading some books rs (Elements of Poker and The mental game of Poker). And i pretty sure that's going to help my live so much with i win this against myself haha, of course i enjoy playing both of them and that's why i will keep trying. Cheers !

Ps: Are you from Brazil ? (because of your nickname)

Yes! I am from Brazil...

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker plus a game and mind exercise, video poker and more like a lottery

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been also playing videogames since i was child. Sometimes i still try to play them for nostalgia, but i end up exiting them, because i don't feel same lightness anymore as then. I try to focus more on my poker gameplay now and try to improve aspects of poker.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
those are two different things, video games are cool, but poker is another thimg

Top 10 Games