Video Games For Poker?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously, poker will always be live (or perhaps online) games. What about video games though? Meaning no internet connection and no real money. If anyone has any poker video games: please share which one(s) and how you use them (test new strategies, simulations for real events, for relaxation etc.)

Here is a brief pro and con list I can think of:

Pro: No real money means you can never lose money
Con: That also means you can't win money, so I guess if this is a "pro" or "con" depends on your success rate.
Pro: It feels like a good way to test new strategies
Con: With all AI cast, they may not attempt to exploit flaws in strategy like a human player might.
Pro: Since they are all AI opponents, that means that no one will be wise to your new play-styles if you choose to implement them in real life.
Con: No sense of tells or intimidation like live games may offer (although somewhat similar for online).
The list could go on, but this should give some idea...

p.s. The only video game I have is the Gamecube version of the 2005 game wsop (Play The Pros) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Series_of_Poker_(video_game) Yeah I know it is really old compared to other games, but the forum question applies to all poker video games: How do you use poker video games, if at all?

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don t ever use this kind og games , it s been a long time since i played some similare games on facebook , but yet didn t spend to much time on it , played once or two and never again

NINTENDO777

NINTENDO777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played poker on RDR2, does that count?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bump - anyone else willing to share their views on poker video games?

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
bump - anyone else willing to share their views on poker video games?
Yeah, they are normally dull and pointless and more often than not actually rigged toward the cpu. Rather play mafia 3 or some such game at present ..

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best one i know of and played is world series of poker Battle of the Braclets. its last version was 2008 i think. after that it stopped. also one by daniel negreanu called Stacked apparently is very good but ive never played it.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play the offical WSOP game on xbox way back in the day before I discovered online poker sites. It wasn't the best for learning but I still enjoyed playing it for quite a few hours for a year or so

V

valts102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wsop series 2008 very nice game

Top 10 Games