Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A person has 12 hours to play poker a day and access to all the major sites
*** lets be more realistic and say 8 hrs 5 days a week

This person never pays entrance to MTTs only freeroll and tickets.

This person is a decent EV+ player

What do you think this person would make on a normal month?

A) Under $100?
B) $100 - $300?
C) Over $300?

Last edited:
CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
12 Hrs Per Day May Lead To BurnOut...

But I am going to say B, but C is definitely a possibility.

I have done B (on the lower end of range) over many years, while only playing maybe 3 hrs a day on average, so yes, C is very possible if you are good and have the endurance.... for me, working 50+ hrs a week on the day job, if I play 12 hrs on a weekend day(which I do on occasion), I have no interest in playing the next day, win or lose (I am just burnt out on poker). Oh well, that is just the way it is for me...OD when I have a chance...lol! And then I have a Poker HangOver!

Best of Luck, amatola, and Everyone!

CheezeWiz

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
But I am going to say B, but C is definitely a possibility.

I have done B (on the lower end of range) over many years, while only playing maybe 3 hrs a day on average, so yes, C is very possible if you are good and have the endurance.... for me, working 50+ hrs a week on the day job, if I play 12 hrs on a weekend day(which I do on occasion), I have no interest in playing the next day, win or lose (I am just burnt out on poker). Oh well, that is just the way it is for me...OD when I have a chance...lol! And then I have a Poker HangOver!

Best of Luck, amatola, and Everyone!

CheezeWiz

Yup, that is unrealistic - changing it to 8 hr 5 days a week - a standard work week

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The median B if you are run average..

3 choices, I sould go for B.
odds are, you will run averagely, and come in the middle (B).
If you have an extreme run, you make over (A).
run badly, you are in the under category (C).
The only thing you didn't mention is the opportunity cost(what you could have done) with the time and effort invested.

Interesting question, all in all.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You Had To Mention The Opportunity Cost...

Odds are, you will run averagely, and come in the middle (B).
The only thing you didn't mention is the opportunity cost(what you could have done) with the time and effort invested.

As a recreational player, this is a guilty pleasure for me, no way I am going to be able to justify the time spent vs $'s won, but I think I deserve a little bit of fun, after a long work day...or at least that is my rationalization...lol!

I totally get where you are coming from 63burner...

Best of Luck To All of Us at The Tables,

CheezeWiz

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Odds are, you will run averagely, and come in the middle (B).

But "run badly, you are in the under category (C)" seems on point.

I can't quite work out how the free rolls which currently exist provide enough opportunity to make between $6.66 and S10 a day, day in and out. It would be interesting to map out a time frame with the free rolls available across the various sites (if one is allowed access to all in the first place) for that span of playing hours.

I am not aware if anyone even provides free rolls on demand anymore. At least when they were you could roll from one tourney into another.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A person has 12 hours to play poker a day and access to all the major sites
*** lets be more realistic and say 8 hrs 5 days a week

This person never pays entrance to MTTs only freeroll and tickets.

This person is a decent EV+ player

What do you think this person would make on a normal month?

A) Under $100?
B) $100 - $300?
C) Over $300?

I would like to answer your hypothetical question with a rhetorical one

Would you enjoy earning a prisoner's wage for a day?

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this person would just take a cold beer and enjoy the game, all 5 days a week. :D

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Assuming none of the people above ^ is not even close to being this person then the correct answer is C :cool:

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wouldn't they use freeroll winnings to build a bankroll and then play cash tables? US sites don't have enough freerolls to make a lot of money just playing 'free' games. You have to build a bankroll and then look for opportunities with a buy-in.

For US players, it's A if they don't play any games requiring a buy-in.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that $ 100 can be earned by playing only in freerolls, but this amount will not be stable every month !!!

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C) It is quite possible to have more than $ 300, enough freerolls from Cardschat to have a small bankroll from which you can kick good amounts. For example, at a pokerstars school in the league, they pay $ 500 for 1 seat, and a ticket costs only 20 cents:cool:

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im going for A. I reckon early part of the week I would play my best. I think stamina will come into this. Playing the same tournament all the time. During all the lulls in the game i think i would be experimenting the further into the week you get

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think so
A) Under $ 100
but I may be wrong and
D) None of them :D
(I only thought of answer A) because of "freerolls")

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ChickenArise is spot on - i'm not sure what the goal is in playing 8 hrs 5 days a week.
Maybe if you don't want a regular job and try to live from poker - but in this case the options provided would not be sufficient..

So for me personally 8hrs a day of poker is not fun anymore, and isn't really paying off acc. to the proposed options. So yeah..maybe im missing out on something here...

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was more inclined towards option A since your question is based only on the freeroll and tickets of Mtts tournaments and as we already know the variance is much stronger since many players up to thousands are registered and reaching charges is a little more difficult and even more to the final table, because players play more bingo than poker. You can bankroll little by little but not in 1 month if not several months and then play with discipline in paid tournaments.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Freerolls are a good way to build your starting bankroll. But then you need to move higher.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say B if the player also play the CC freerolls, C if it’s a very good month because for what I understand the player only plays freerolls and don’t use the freerolls winnings to play other games, so, I think it’s very difficult to win more than $300 only playing freerolls.

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm an average player with EV+. I play one Freeroll a day! so far,$ 8 is the maximum that I won! but there are also happy days in which you can take the first place! with this in mind, purely hypothetically, let's assume that you will be able to earn$30 per month! this is from one Freeroll! to get $ 100, you need to play 3 freerolls a day,$ 200-about 7, more than$ 300 - you need to play more than 10 freerolls a day))) for me, this is an incredible amount)) so most likely my answer is A! maybe in some happy month B, but for option C, you have to be crazy))