Using Different Poker Game Variants to Improve Hold'em

M

marlow238

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am an avid player of No Limit Hold'em as my main game for playing poker, but I do love to play playing PLO and 7 stud.

Asides from generally enjoying playing these variants, I tell myself PLO helps with betting pressure and 7 Stud helps with understanding blockers/combinatorics more - I was curious if people find them or other variants useful in helping improve their hold'em abilities.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find other variants help keep my poker skills in NLHE sharp. For instance, its easy for me to fall into a rut where I play the same way ABC etc, but in PLO the decisions are more interesting and that gets me engaged more into my decisions in NLHE as a result.

I would say PLO and PLO8 has helped my post flop game and hand reading ability a fair bit. But the other variants I've had fun with, like razz and stud haven't helped my Texas Hold 'Em at all.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I simply play holdem or very few times omaha other variants do not attract my attention ... it does not mean that they do not help to improve the game but I do not use them, regards

Top 10 Games