UltimateBet: Any Good?

S

SankTheTank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never really liked UB at all. The layout is ugly, the cards are ugly, everything about the website is ugly when you play. I just can't play it. Stick to FullTilt, I'm in love with the design.

AlexeiVronsky

AlexeiVronsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would it be better to just stick with my 14% rakeback on FT then or to try out a 30% rakeback on cake, or to just go with pokerstars then?

which site do you plan on using now is basically what i am asking i guess :D

Couldn't really tell you, I like ring games better on full tilt from what I've seen, haven't played on cake, though I'm tempted to try them out, I've heard fairly good things about them. I'm not a fan of pokerstars at all.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's Crazy Pineapple :questionm :questionm

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's Crazy Pineapple :questionm :questionm

It's like holdem except :

You get dealt 3 cards

After the flop you discard one of your hole cards

You can use 1, 2 or none of your hole cards to make a hand.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's like holdem except :

You get dealt 3 cards

After the flop you discard one of your hole cards

You can use 1, 2 or none of your hole cards to make a hand.
Oh that sounds like fun, haven't encountered it before... :)

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its also played hi/lo split.

T

ts2ks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played on ultimatebet for aprx 11 years now. Love the freerolls. 1 almost every hour. Love hte ultimate buddy for finding friends. Phil Hellmuth and Annie Duke also play on UB alot. They will be on your buddy list if you download the ub buddy so you can check their play out.

wachinpntdry

wachinpntdry

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UB is good site....better than FT, PS as far as tourny play goes.......

just kinda clunky, slow sometimes,

tournies go kinda slow becuase they pause/ wait for all tables to finish current hand(which can take a few) to reseat everyone when tables are low on players...but really it is the only fair way to do it (you wont get moved 5 times in 3 minutes like on PS or FT....

lobby setup and sorting options could be better ( and the table view is lame)....but overall UB good....and tournies play more fairly than PS, FT

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a big UB guy. The games just seem to play easier than FullTilt, and the SnG structure there is MUCH better - mainly because the main game has 10 minute blinds instead of 6 (which I think is INSANE). The UltimatePoints don't ever seem to expire for getting your bonus, unlike most sites which give you 3 months. My wife took 3rd in a $1 tournament and won $96, and we had them cut us a check, and it arrived in about 2 weeks time, which for me, seems extremely reasonable.

H

Holdem3x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played on UB for a few years now and I really like the site.Good software and game selection among other things.I would say that from my own experience that the games are tougher there than at other sites I've played.I still seem to play there more than anywhere else though.Hope this helps.Good luck!!!Holdem.