You tried to get lucky..you did..then you wish didn't

mercyscercy

mercyscercy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How often have you played a hand you know you probably shouldn't have... thought you would gamble a little(since it's part of the game).. your lucky hand was made and you go broke.
example.. played :js4::5s4:.. you were on the BB and were winning some good chips so you called the raise that was 2.5 times your BB. then the flop comes :5h4::5d4::9c4:..hoping your opponent had a high pocket pair or something to that nature.. slow play and call his bet after the flop...then a :2h4: comes on the turn and decide to re-raise his bet just in case he had high hearts instead of high pair.. he calls your raise and the river comes a :10s4:... he doesn't hesitate moves All-in.. you call and he shows :9d4::9s4:... sometimes you get what you wanted and so did your opponent:icon_puke:icon_puke:mad::mad:

Last edited:
P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always more of a risk in the BB as you have to act first, but your meant to be calling with hands like that. But when you cannot see opponents cards there is noting you can do. Normally you would be good in that spot.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You shouldn't have wished that you shouldn't. It's just a cooler nothing special. He could have AQ. He could have pocket kings. he could have all sorts of things. If you feel like gambling - just go for it.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a good reason why having a solid preflop is incredibly important. If you go into the flop with a bad hand, even in the best case scenario (two pair, set) you're gonna be much more likely to find yourself on the bad side of a cooler.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a good reason why having a solid preflop is incredibly important. If you go into the flop with a bad hand, even in the best case scenario (two pair, set) you're gonna be much more likely to find yourself on the bad side of a cooler.
Yeah but you not always play 9 handed. The less players in the pot the more hands you need to play. Poker is not about having a great hands all the time.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried 2 read the subject..you did..then I wish I didn't

Robsant

Robsant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've already dropped several AAKKQQ for trying to steal chips is part

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s definitely happened to me on more than one occasion. You play a marginal hand hoping to get lucky and end up having the second best hand and losing all your chips. Other times it pays off. Today I called a 2x raise in the bb with K4o. Flop came 444. I slow played it and got the raiser to eventually shove on river. That’s the way poker goes.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Such situations happen to every player, but they happen very rarely to pay special attention to them !!!

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
playing loose and wild can and will get you into trouble more times than you will hit that miracle hand and stack someone.

Even if you do hit a strong hand with your garbage cards, there's nothing saying you will get paid off in that event.

Now if your running super hot, hitting every hand you play, than by all means open up your range and go HAM!

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

if I have achieved it with those hands in those positions it has also happened to me and well in chips for entering prizes and they have shaken me on the river and I lost !!!