Two same hands at the same time on two different poker rooms multi-tabling?

A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has this ever happened to you? You are playing a tourny on two different sites at the same time and you suddenly get the same hand, say 85 off suit, on both tournys at the same time? I have noticed this many, many times and wonder if it could be attributed to the "random" number generator being the same for both sites or if it is more coincidence? To me it seems that it is not just coincidence. I've also noticed that I would get say, A10 suited in the hole on one game and then Aces and 10s appear on the board on the other? Similar situation or what? Anyway, It seems weird to me.

KoRnholio

KoRnholio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's only so many combinations of starting hands/flops/etc in holdem. Eventually you'll get two identical ones, just as you would playing one table at a time. Each site uses their own RNG, they aren't in cahoots ;)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yep... happened last night while playing Take2 Promo,.... Kd-2s on both tables.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've looked at your other posts and you don't seem to be a rigged enthusiast, but atleast an individual site rigging action is plausible (althought there would be evidence) Making connections between hands at different sites, that's uh...

Its a coincidence.

Last edited:
A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I was going to say that it happened within the same software at two different tables before also. It probably is just a coincidence. I was unaware that sites used proprietary number generators. I thought I read somewhere that there was shared use.

M33K3R

M33K3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that it's a complete coinsidence, since there is so many different hands that you could have at one time.

Dogfish44

Dogfish44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about this then...

I've not experienced it on different sites, since when I multi-table it is always on the same site, preferring to tile my tables instead. However... I have had a couple of occasions where I've been dealt exactly the same cards (value and suit) for two consecutive hands... I can't remember if I won each time though!! :)

What are the chances of that happening? Answers on a postcard to....

ethon

ethon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got AA on two different SNGs at the same time on FullTilt today. Doubled up on both, lol

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen it when multi-tabling on the same site quite a few times, but as said it's a coincidence based on a limited number of starting hands. If it were due to the RNG, it would be a regular pattern as the sequence out of a proper RNG is non-deterministic (which is what makes it "random"). And no, none of these sites "share" an RNG, that would be silly. Most implement custom and proprietary RNGs and consider them trade secrets. If their algorithms were shared it would make them more vulnerable to exploitation, although with properly complex seeding entropy even knowing the exact algorithm would make one exceedingly difficult to exploit.

W

wewe1109

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting same hands

anyone had this kind of experiences?
I had same hand 4 time in a row, and if i played I would win every single game.
I had 8,3 same and off 4 times, but i didn't play.
i remember first game flop full house, second game trip 3's third game four of kind 8's last game two pair 8 and 3.
isn't this amazing?:cool:

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play enough hands and eventually you'll see everything happen at least once :)

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday, while putting in some ring time in to make sure I get my daily quota, I got :js4::9s4: in two separate games at the same time. A few minutes later, I got :7s4::7c4: at the same time in the same two separate games.

clubsta

clubsta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've also noticed that I would get say, A10 suited in the hole on one game and then Aces and 10s appear on the board on the other? Similar situation or what? Anyway, It seems weird to me.

This happens so very often for me. I consider it completely coincidence, but when I'm playing two tables on FT, the flop on one table looks a lot like the ideal flop for my hole cards on the other table, and vice versa. Like 6 10 off hole cards on one table and 10 6 10 flop on the other table. Stuff like that. All the time. Sometimes I get to wondering, and then it basically comes down to this: I play a crap load of poker. Hehe.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Humans are great at picking out patterns. There are hundreds of thousands of "oh that's neat" things that can grab out attention. The millions of bits of information that we sift through get discarded and we don't think much about them.

So yeah, you'll get the same to cards on occasion. It's going to happen a lot more often than you getting the exact same cards two hands in a row at the same table because there is hand overlap when you multi-table. That is, you get 7h/9c on one table, then Ks/4s on the other table, then discard the 7h/9c and pick up Ks/4s. SAME HAND ALERT! But the Ks/4s was compared to two hands.

And of course, you multiply the effect when you multi-table.

There is no chance that multiple sites are using the same random number utilities to give you the same hand at the same time. Even if they had the same equipment, different numbers are fed in (some based on player activity) to get the output. Heck, even if the same numbers were fed in similar machines at the exact same time they'd have different outputs. And the outputs are used for thousands of players on each site, so even if the results were the same, the odds of your seat (out of the thousands on the site) being hit with that output are greater than the odds of just getting dealt the same hand at random.

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh yeah, i've gotten, on two diff sites at the same time...i scrambled to take a picture but was TOO LATE BAHH!!...dealt the same hand, and saw the same flop (they WERE in different order though but it was still very cool)...gotta be some crazy odds on that happening. i do not remember any of the cards which is typical

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anyone had this kind of experiences?
I had same hand 4 time in a row, and if i played I would win every single game.
I had 8,3 same and off 4 times, but i didn't play.
i remember first game flop full house, second game trip 3's third game four of kind 8's last game two pair 8 and 3.
isn't this amazing?:cool:
I was going to say something to this effect but this guy ruined it with his bullshit. I have had the same hand back to back several times but it is hardly ever the same suits. Still waiting for the back to back bullets though. :D

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh yeah, i've gotten, on two diff sites at the same time...i scrambled to take a picture but was TOO LATE BAHH!!...dealt the same hand, and saw the same flop (they WERE in different order though but it was still very cool)...gotta be some crazy odds on that happening. i do not remember any of the cards which is typical

If the hands were on the same screen, next time just hit Print Screen on a windows based system or Ap Shift 3 on a MAC. On the PC you'll need to then paste somewhere like Paint, but at least you will have captured the image.

:rock:

GCB

GCB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens.

The first night I played multi on bodog it happened with such frequency that I captured a bunch of images and emailed them to tech support. They replied that they saw my point but that it's totally random.

I still see it from time to time on Full Tilt. It's called being Fooled by Randomness, seeing patterns where none really exist.

I've learned that if you play enough you'll eventually see everything, however improbable it might be.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've experienced this more with 2 tables on the same site. and it happens a lot getting the same hand. i just shake my head.

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the same thing happen on Fulltilt a few days ago. I was dealt J10 3 times in a row...all suited & the very same each time:eek: ! It was weird, but as Savage Penguin said earlier, our brains have a tendency to pick up these 'coincidences'...just chalk it up to 'being human'!:D

W

witl69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that there is no pattern in randomn ess or howelse could it be called randomness after all? But, I do think that if you play enough poker hands especially if you nare playing several hands at a time that yo are bound to be fooled about a fix or some sort of pattern showing up.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I have had it happen that much when I multi. I have had it happen with the same hand three times in a row at the same table. This seems to happen to me on quite a few ocassions.

darthur90

darthur90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol... happened to me one time... i was playing 10 handed SNG's on Full tilt & Cake poker...I got the same hand...Ah Ac...and busted from both....nice coincidence..huh?:)))

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had AA 3 times on different tables at the same time, though it was the same site. True story.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going to say something to this effect but this guy ruined it with his bullshit. I have had the same hand back to back several times but it is hardly ever the same suits. Still waiting for the back to back bullets though. :D

Had them too on the same table. Showed down in the first pot everyone folded second but i showed anyway. People were getting scared of me =)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands