That one or two moves you like

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Total posts
Hi all. No matter if you are playing cash games, or MTTs. What are those moves you always do while playing. For one I'm a check/raise player, and I like to bluff when it is checked to me by one or two players. But there is a downside for both. The players can pick up on my play pretty quick, so sometimes I have to let it go a few hands before trying to do them again. I'm talking about the bluff. As for the check/raise move, if they catch on pretty quick, it's hard to get some chips in the pot. I don't know if this makes any sense. Anyway, tell us what your favorite moves are. GL in the ACR/CC freeroll this evening

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Total posts
hello

I am changing my style of play, so that the other players do not know me too much, so it is difficult for them to decode you !!

najisami

najisami

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Check-raise could be a very profitable move and so is the bluff. But in poker, you are facing "people" and not just any people but poker players no less. One of our many abilities is recognizing patterns. So as you said it yourself, "they pick up on your play pretty quick". We should therefore mix it up as much as we can and hope for the better.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
BO
I am a passive player.

I am a Check / Fold player, you have to know who to be aggressive with, since as you said, someone can catch you very ugly.

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I only have one nonstandard move, which I really like doing. It is and overbet river bluff.
But I do not do it with missed draws, I use random hands which I managed to get to the river. With missed draws I use a standard size for bluffing.

Here are some reasons why I think this move is great:

1) I play at microstakes, where people are scared to call down overbets, because most players use overbets for value only. So I get away with these bluffs more often then I should

2) Even if I get called it is actually good for me. Since I use random hands for this purpose, when people see that I bluff with complete air, they wrongly assume I'm overbluffing, and will overall in the future when I have value.

3) When I have the nuts, I get maximum value from 2nd and 3rd nuts because I can overbet these hands as well.