Trying to guess opponents' cards

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How often do u try to guess the cards of ur opponent?

I try it almost everytime that I`m playing... is that good?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when I believe in my hand and the villain raises me i try to guess what hand his have, but just in this situations
i'm only stay in pot when i believe in my hand, trying to guess the opponent hand just works if you have a good hand or you're a bluff :bandit:

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try to guess what my opponents hands are even when I fold. Trying to figure out what your opponents range of hands is a key to success in poker.If you find out their range, you will be able to put them on certain types of hands when you take a flop against them.

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Undoubtedly having a good read on your opponent's hand is very important to be a good poker player, this should be as close as possible and thus make a relationship with your hand.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a fairly common trait--at least among skilled players. It's an intriguing part of the game, I feel. Of course, sometimes it can be a bit annoying when your suspicions are confirmed, only after a reluctant call.

melodyman169

melodyman169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, if you want to play good then you should try to do it each game, shouldn't you?

Twisterman

Twisterman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like watching videoblogs of players who explain how they put their opponents on a range in regards of if you should valuebet or just check - this has given me a better understanding of a part of the game I know was a weekness. It takes some time to do it fast, but take your time and most often it all makes sense.

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You always have to be thinking about your opponents possible holdings, what do they call with, what do they continue with, what are they folding? This informs your decisions

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think all the players want to guess the opponent's cards, I try to guess after the first flop.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you don’t try to guess your opponent’s cards you won’t have a chance to win

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we all do it when we play poker. After all, this is part of the game.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

While it is very difficult to determine, especially on-line, I can estimate my opponent's pre-flop hand based on the % of time they are playing hands. Very few online players, especially at lower limits, are savvy enough to consider position, so I really don't factor that in except for the button. Basically, if you are raising 1/2 the time, I need to pick my spot and hope that's not the one time they picked up a real hand. On that note, in my experience the bully will usually make a smaller raise or limp when they actually have something.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I am almost always I try to guess the opponent’s cards in the game, I think that this is a good tactic to understand what card he has and so that you can do less lose your money or chips to opponents in the game!

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trying guess what cards has your opponent is a part of this game. I try guess all the time.

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You should do this every single hand you are at the table, not just the hands you are involved with directly, but every single hand dealt. Start with putting each player on a RANGE of hands given the action and narrow this range down as each bet/call/raise provides you with more information. If you do this every hand, it will become second nature to you and the accuracy to which you can predict each opponents hand range will improve dramatically over time, giving you invaluable information about your opponents possible hand which will in turn make all of your decisions much, much easier. To me, it absolutely the key to winning poker.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I try to figure out every time my opponent has, that's the purpose in the game.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker therefore develops logical thinking that with each hand you analyze the cards that would guess the cards of the enemy and make the right move.It is this feature of thinking and developed by professionals.And at the same time, a professional player will play so it will be difficult to unravel his card.

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always. It helps me figure out how I can win the most money or chips from my opponents.

M

Master Bedroom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to try to figure out what cards they hold in every hand.

These days it seems more important to figure out a range of hands that they could be playing, and then subtract the ones that make less sense to reduce your hand range down to their likely holding.

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
read the opponent's hand is impossible, just guess. You need to know the range of the opponent's hands. when I play in my head there is a constant analysis of all the players sitting at the table.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
all the time you have to believe in your cards and understand the cards of your opponents.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you guess it is a very good, useful skill. All try to but little from whom is obtained.

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guessing hands is a necessity

Guessing hands is not only a good thing but is also a necessity if you want to have success in poker.

If you never guess their hands you’ll never know when to fold, call, 3-bet etc...

Guessing opponents hands is as vital as knowing how to play poker in my opinion because this is a game of information. The more you know or atleast think you know the better plays you can make