Trip to Vegas or AC?

G

Gknumber28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was thinking of making a trip to either Vegas or AC sometime by the end of the year to play some cards. Which do y'all prefer and why? My cousin will most likely be joining me, and while we want to have a good time outside of the felt, our primary focus will be the cards. Thanks in advance.
-G

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on time of year. Can you give a date range. Tampa may be your answer as well

C

CashBerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vegas

I would choose Vegas, just simply because of the wsop action that has taken place. I cant imagine all the people, stuck there trying to win there money back at cash games. so much $$$

G

Gknumber28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking sometime around early-mid December. I should have some time off of work then. Thanks for the input

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first off the WSOP'rs will be long gone and forgotten in Vegas at this time,

Ok, here's the rub, dependent on what you want out of it

It does really help to know where you are from, but in retrospect if its outside the (my) BIG 5 (California, Nevada, New Jersey, Florida, or Michigan - which I am guess it is none of these) it doesnt really matter much.

If you just want good, easy, very profitable poker then may I suggest going to Tampa. There are a ton of card rooms there that have BAD BAD BAD players, the weather will be awesome, and it will be high tourist season. The poker rooms are nice and its my personal favorite place in Florida (top 3 in the country btw - for me, the Disc Golf is to die for!)

If you want an experience, then go to Vegas. The weather will be nice, lots of tourists, but the poker will be pretty slow, especially for tourneys (outside Aria and The Orleans) for buy ins under $200 that actually have structure (and prize pool) that wont make you puke, however its still Vegas - and as my good friend Mr. N Flanders says "the lights, the sounds, the letter x, its all designed to inflame the senses".

Except to go see the River Walk I would never go to AC for anything unless someone paid me a shit ton of money. the poker is fair to good, a little history, but all-in-all a dumpy version of Vegas.

California has a lot of great poker, it has Hollywood, its freaking L.A.! But damn expensive to visit, let alone live there. May be worth it though, you will see tons of pros at the poker rooms there. PLUS the WSOP circuit will be there at the Bike

Irvin M Fletcher - you choose!

G

Gknumber28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually live in Cali, 3 hours outside of La and have some fam there. I figured the bike is just filled with regs who would stomp on me haha. My cousin who is trying to come with just recently played a tourney at the Gardens and it was a shove fest, he was bummed with the overall layout. I'll look into Tampa though! Sounds kinda fun.

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas