words are just words

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why is it so many players want to trash talk you, when you draw out on them. they will cuss you out and everything else. at americas cardroom they try to control it. but some will do it anyway.:confused:

They can only offend when there is one offended, don't be offended and they will tilt!
:)

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I try not to pay attention to chats but it’s hard, especially if it’s a slow playing table. Once I’m paying attention to the chat, it’s hard to disconnect or not take it personally if directed at me. Something I’m trying to work on.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's normal for players to talk trash about you in poker rooms It will be up to you to show him with a good game at the poker table They will always talk trash at the poker table about you when you are winning it.:D

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trash talk is a part of poker, just don't confuse trash talk with disrespect, there are some rules and so etiquettes you must have in order to be respected on a table, also being a douche is not trash talk, you just making a fool of yourself...

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a lot sad that pokerstars was suspended in Russia, but at that time I understand why this is all done, I hope that it will end soon and we will be able to do it as before
peace for everyone

Stringy

Stringy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
yh i find it pretty annoying, sometimes i even just block chat

krasikrisi

krasikrisi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not pay attention to the chat I do not care. I do not write or read anything that is written!

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have my chat closed, the avatars blocked, the throwables disabled, the animations stopped. I'm playing poker, not socializing. Got CardsChat for that.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
To be honest I minimise the chat box, so I am not distracted by it, and only reply to messages sent directly to me, I am not interested in what other players are talking about, and usually leave my replies to one word comments like, (nh, gg, thnx) etc, etc.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think there's limits to it jokin around about it it's fine, but when players go beyond that i just have to rub their face with it even more just hoping they will tilt a bit more, if you can't take a badbeat then poker really isn't for you that simple.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can, simply, block the speak of opponents and inclusive block the speak of dealer.

So, this form you LL haven’t more problems
why is it so many players want to trash talk you, when you draw out on them. they will cuss you out and everything else. at americas cardroom they try to control it. but some will do it anyway.:confused:

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't care, I prefer to stay focused, otherwise I lose concentration

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happened last Friday and I thought it was funny:

Chip leader/or second CL at a 45p S&G just got in bad and lost a chunck of his stack.

Tilts

Starts saying a bunch of stuff and throwing shit (PS) at the other players.

7 gets paid, we are down to 9 now.

the guy keeps trying to get his stack back, and keeps harrassing the other players.

short stacks starts to get in the game, he keeps losing and making bad plays.

we are now down to 8, hes the short stack.

He busts out the bubble. Damn, never seen anyone so tilted before.

He stays as an observer for about 5 or 10 min just to say that the players are trash, the site is trash and that the other players should get a job...

Why am I telling this whole story? If you do that, man, you are the joke. Dont embarass yourself. Have fun.

trash talking prob was a thing of the 00s. The game changed. You can now see that the poker community has tools to deal with it and people are actually working on their mental game a lot.

I once blocked these types, but now, I see it as a tell and I will use it against them next time.

trash talkers/harassing are usually tilted/recreational players and you should exploit them.

*btw I am recreational too hehehe (and trying hard not to tilt)

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many people are very emotional. They can't contain themselves

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I just have fun with these players but without contradicting them. Each of us has his upsets when he loses in the game but it is not the opponent's fault because you did not play well, this is the game, you have to accept the situation and move on!

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes - it happens - but I don't pay attention

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
To be honest I minimise the chat box, so I am not distracted by it, and only reply to messages sent directly to me, I am not interested in what other players are talking about, and usually leave my replies to one word comments like, (nh, gg, thnx) etc, etc.

These one word comments mentioned above are thousand times worse than casual trash talk though ...

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I just ignore it and not let it bother me. As you say, it's usually when you call them out and they lose. The thing with most poker sites is that you can mute/block players should you want to. If someone is being overly abusive (either to me or to anyone else for that matter) then I will tend to just mute them.

Solves half the problem from my side of things. If that person wants to keep hurling abuse at me when I can't receive it then thats on them and I'm not going to inadvertently react to it at all if I can't see it.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some times more sometimes less than ormal but holding humor is the important thing

so keep smiling

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are all kinds of players at the tables, I have always seen players fighting in the chat, but I don't take importance because I deviate from my objectives and my game, you should always think about the hand and how I have played it, because if I follow your rules the results will change.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't pay much attention to chat and I don't talk much, I prefer to focus.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't speak at the table but I send firecrackers, teardrops and water balloons