Today I avoided temptation

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is 3 am and on intertops there were only 64 players total, I was looking for a cash table that was relatively full with some money to take. Nothing was available in my usual stakes. I looked at the table that was closest to my stakes, but it was well above what my current bankroll management says I can play. I couldn't help but watch the table for a while. Behold, sitting at the table is one of my favorite ATMs. I reeeeeeallllyyy wanted to jump in... but I didn't, I just watched the shark feeding frenzy as they bled her out. I am sure I would have done okay. But I have learned the hard way not to break my bankroll management.

Today I was tested.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Way to resist that urge!

I get the urge to jump into a higher than normal MTT when my usual ones don't run for whatever reason.

I have busted enough BR's to know not to do that again.

Discipline is a key to success. I think, or hope so anyway.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Way to resist that urge!

I get the urge to jump into a higher than normal MTT when my usual ones don't run for whatever reason.

I have busted enough BR's to know not to do that again.

Discipline is a key to success. I think, or hope so anyway.

We can be bankroll management support buddies!

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Congratulations Dawn! You've done an amazing fight
against temptation!

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree, great job sticking to your bankroll management. What percentages do people recommend for buy ins for cash games vs. tournaments? Could people answer that while they are replying to this thread?

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments. Even if you are sure you would have done ok if played in higher stakes, you chose the right thing to do.

We do the same mistakes sometimes over and over again but when we learn from our mistakes, we fixed another leak and we are already a step higher than before.

So congrats on that mate!:five:

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yay! I played a freeroll for a while wasting some time (didn't win) and went back to the cash tables at 6 am and there was a nice comfortable table to play. I have tripled my buy in, so it is time to stop and make some bacon for breakfast! :wavey:

Last edited: