Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello I want to ask how much time you spend on playing poker and how much we have to spend to win because almost everyone of us goes to work for 8 hours. Thank you in advance

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello I want to ask how much time you spend on playing poker and how much we have to spend to win because almost everyone of us goes to work for 8 hours. Thank you in advance
Back when i was single, i worked from 7am-3pm. I usually started playing around 4pm and played anywhere between 5-10 hours, playing between 3-6 MTTs, as many as 12 on weekends.

In a 2 year span, i made just under $12K in MTT cashes playing mostly micro stakes ($1-$6).

During the end of the 2 years i started a relationship and eventually moved in with GF. Now i probably play 1-3 MTTs a week.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the less you play the more luck is a factor so you should be playing as much as you can....

As a good cash game player you should be making around 4BB profit per 100 hands. That would mean that you can only earn around 4 Big Blinds per day if you only play 1 hour on one table online...

Many people tend to expect a higher income from poker than that and will play more. Most people don’t have the bankroll it takes to play on stakes on which 4BB represent a significant income....

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually do not have a planning when I play poker.. It gives nothing to play if I don't feel it and when I do, it gives nothing to make plans before I stop. Otherwise, I'm not focussing entirely on the game.

There are days I can't play at all, others I can spend 1-2 hours.. sometimes I'm out of all my tournaments in 5 minutes.

-TRP-

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a stay at home dad and I just started to try and take my poker play more serous:0) I play about 10 to 12 hours most days but it is a challenge dealing with home life and my family:0) once I can balance this ill be a pro one day so look out big fish:0)

xaakar

xaakar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play 2 hours each night , when there's more fish online, and during week end maybe 3-4 hours each night.

quality > quantity

and make sure you are somehow multitabling so you get the most of your time.

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back when i was single, i worked from 7am-3pm. I usually started playing around 4pm and played anywhere between 5-10 hours, playing between 3-6 MTTs, as many as 12 on weekends.

In a 2 year span, i made just under $12K in MTT cashes playing mostly micro stakes ($1-$6).

During the end of the 2 years i started a relationship and eventually moved in with GF. Now i probably play 1-3 MTTs a week.
It's a good choice. Swap virtual "life" into live relationships

MagicDick

MagicDick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the less you play the more luck is a factor so you should be playing as much as you can....

As a good cash game player you should be making around 4BB profit per 100 hands. That would mean that you can only earn around 4 Big Blinds per day if you only play 1 hour on one table online...

Many people tend to expect a higher income from poker than that and will play more. Most people don’t have the bankroll it takes to play on stakes on which 4BB represent a significant income....

What kind of variance are you factoring in here? +/- 200 BB? A 1000? IE your 100 hands are not always going to compete to +4 BB

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play cash 1 hour after work. But I like more play MTT. I play MTT at weekends and when I have more free time.

drunkalien

drunkalien

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play cash 1 hour after work. But I like more play MTT. I play MTT at weekends and when I have more free time.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is MTT? Inquiring minds would love to know!:jd4:

D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I spent about 5 hours a day playing

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the day I spend about three to five hours on the game. I love to play poker, this is my hobby and my job. Good luck to you at the tables dear friend.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In my opinion, you should make a plan for your day ... So to find time not only for poker and for yourself, but for your own family):2in1:

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I reg about 2 mtt's per evening. That's not every evening. Same for weekends. I probably average 10 mtt's per week. Not making any money right now. Just starting to play again after a 10 year break. I feel like I'm learning the game again.

andy112211

andy112211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Family First

I am retired, but I still have family obligations. I don't play very much anyway. I don't let my online poker playing interfere with my family obligations. I usually play late at night after my 9yo nephew goes to bed and the wife is happily watching TV. This way I can concentrate on the game with few interruptions. Family life comes first.

Warriorasf

Warriorasf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

I spend 1 to 4 hours playing depends on the type of game, I suggest you spend at most 5% of the your salary.

J

jacksonz89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4-6 hours a day im in new zealand so i like to play from 7am - midday. morning time is the best for my brain!!

D

Dsqtq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I play 1 - 2 hours everyday cash 9 - max

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you play cash you can spend time as you like, you want 1 hour, you want 10 hours. Well, if you play tournaments then everything is different, the tournaments need at least 6 hours, and better 10 hours, because so much time you need to get to the final table, well, if you play to take 1st place then at least 14 hours

S

Spacekos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no correct formula for how much time a poker player should spend, for each one individually. But 3 hours is enough for me, after which I begin to make wrong decisions, so I think that the less time a session lasts, the better it is.

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I spend a couple of hours, I like to play quick tournaments, because I do not want to sit for 4 hours and not get into the prizes

M

Manlg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play cash tables 2-3 hours every day after work. No more time to play MTT.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you treat poker as a hobby then you play when you want and how much you want. It's good to follow the rule - Play at a comfortable stakes for you.
If you want to play in the most profitable hours (most recreational players), play between 20:00 and 2:00 CET :)

L

LogyJ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you treat poker as a hobby then you play when you want and how much you want. It's good to follow the rule - Play at a comfortable stakes for you.
If you want to play in the most profitable hours (most recreational players), play between 20:00 and 2:00 CET :)
I agree ! And if your play for fun you need less time, but if your playing are seriously you have to spend 10~ hours