Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As my game progresses, I increasingly rely on an opponent's analysis
Players use different time for making decisions
If you spend enough time for the players, this will help you understand their game
This kind of thinking has helped me many times
Do you also rely on such things in the game?

J

JRNorris95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have spent many long nights practicing hand analysis from hand histories. It was slow, but I methodically broke every hand down as far as possible. I got quicker and quicker at being able to identify odds and increased my accuracy in identify players hands. Being able to quickly and accurately analyse your opponents are crucial in becoming a profitable player.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use a lot of time to make decisions, but sometimes I can think and decide, but I always make quick decisions!

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the truth

If you spend enough time for the players, this will help you understand their game
this is a legend in online poker, it's impossible to have a well-defined strategy, because every day new players join, and again and again, keep in mind that in online poker the results are directly proportional to the volume of the game, the strategy is on the second place . So if you want to have results in online poker you have to have a lot of games. online poker is = slot machines. No one guarantees you that the cards are simply random and impartial, I'm very active on pokerstars and 888, and in most situations, who has more chips wins, and the same, big players are greatly advantaged. Check out the Sunday Million's anniversary this year when recreational players are no longer willing to sign up because you have no chance to make money, if you do not work constantly every day, no one has any trust in these sites, I think "Black Friday" is almost again for many countries. And honestly, I really would like this to happen. I do not want to think misogyny, but poker is not respected at all, so my advice is to put focus on live poker ...

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
In my opinion the time you spend when making a decision depends on the situation of the game you are in ... there will be situations where you do not need to think much and you can play immediately ... just as there will be other situations in the ones that you need a lot of time to make the right decision ...!

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this helps for sure. I think looking at your weaknesses is more important though. Constantly analyzing where you need to improve will get you significant results. I’ve seen a large improvement in my game this year. Made it to the final table in the CC freerolls this month. Other tournaments as well.

W

white_vision0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think you can apply this tactic to online poker? Especially in tournaments, I often see people that appear to think the move, but I actually think they weren't focused on the window. I mean is not so reliable compared with real live.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see many using all the time available to play, sometimes they are analyzing the play, but in many occasions, they are doing anti-game, this is against the rules of most poker site, so to make the game evolve without damaging the rules if it's necessary

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not trust this too much, you can use time to think about certain occasions, both to decide to turn your hand into a bluff and to decide how to get maximum profitability at your hand. Maybe, and I say just maybe, in the lower levels there is a correlation between bluffs and plays made too fast to even think. But there are also players who play very fast with the hand made so it is really something that can not be trusted.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree with you! The more you play, the decision time is reduced, 90% of starting hands you know what decision to make! Opponent you classify quickly and pick up the style of play with it! And then just during the game session is adjusted to your style of play!

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a good factor to analyze! plus many players use this to your advantage by having as a strategy to confuse your game!

E

Ekaterina Danilenko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also follow the decision time and think this is right, but sometimes the player deliberately takes the time to confuse

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, yesterday during the freeroll I was cooking, so it took me a while in some moves and even had to use the time/bank sometimes. Would that mean, my decision was VERY WELL CALCULATED? Nice what you have time to think about in a tournament :icon_prof:wink:Sure there are some players that use 'tricks' like waiting with a monster, or superrapidissimo with a bluff, but it could REALLY mean anything else! You should not focus much on that, there are more interesting things to learn about players.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always analyzed and thought carefully my play to make the best choice of the cards that I can not play

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually make quick decisions ...
Rarely when I use extra time

Darsno

Darsno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rushing Strategy

*Disclaimer: I recently posted this same reply on another thread, but it fits perfectly here in this new thread, so I am re-posting it here.

A lot of times, to decrease the undesirable effect of a player catching up to my AK, AQ, AA, or KK, QQ, JJ, when placing my bets I will adopt a rushing strategy. What this means is that, provided my non-pair hands have hit, or if I have a pair, and there are 0 — 1
over cards on the flop, I will play extremely quickly, with very large accompanying bets. This accomplishes a few things: First, if a player originally suspected us of bluffing, adopting this strategy almost always reinforces that false impression, and for the first two bets post flop, his/her immediate call answering your erroneously supposed bluff will, to him or her, ostensibly serve them to deter you from further bluff making, while in actuality, you are killing them, quickly, before they have a chance to think. Also, overthinking ourselves in this situation can lead to a place where we were ahead but our opponent catches up - a prime reason for getting stacked.
♥♦♣♠
Remember, though, this tactic only has value when you have sufficient information to pass its adoption threshold. It doesn't work if we are not ahead - unless we fortuitously (read: improbably) catch up to our opponent.

Last edited:
A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the time that players use to play their cards, are different depending on what type of player, for example if it is a conservative player, very slow, if aggressive very fast, that eventually helps you decide whether to enter or not a pot to win chips.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often prey on those players at a (live) table,that are trying to get a read on all the others there. They are so simple to pick out that it should be illegal. When you see whatever they are focusing on (be time to act, mannerizems, breathing or whatever). It makes the game a blast by f@#%ing with them, by changing up so often that their head i in a spin. Puts alot of them on till by simply having to take to many chances while playing you.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
"Timing tells" is the term you're looking for to describe what you mean here I believe.

Personally I put very little emphasis on timing tells BUT I do use them a little bit. (to not use some potential information at our disposal would be a mistake imo). Vs. some players it can be obvious (ie. quick call on flop = flush draw), but for many there might be no indications at all (& for whatever reason we don't even know.. ie. playing 20 tables, answering the door, cooking dinner, deliberately taking the same time each hand.... or more or less time). Also, some might be attempting reverse tells.... 'or' a double reverse tell. (he's thinking I'm thinking that he's thinking... etc.)