RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi mates!
I wonder how much time do you spend usually while making a decision in the game when your turn? How often do you use your time bank either wholly or most of the time when expend time especially in the game as it is a part of your strategic?
Thanks for your replies.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I rarely use the time bank

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use when several tables are open and need to focus.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only use time bank when I am short stacked, on the bubble and there are several tables in play.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I can take a time bank on a bubble

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Normally I use the time bank whenever it is necessary ... for example if I have a strong hand and two or three villains call before me ... I take a few seconds analyzing what could be my best bet ...! I also use it when I'm very short of chips and we're in the bubble ...!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I use my time bank when I play 2, 3 or 4 tables, but I try to think more quickly about my decision!

N

nikiola007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depends of a hand but i need time for some hands for real

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually it takes about 10 seconds for me :) I use time bank when "Hollywood" wants to act in me

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL at the time bank. It seems like it's mostly for show & trying to make other players suspenseful or more rash-acting for having to wait. It honestly doesn't take *that* long to weigh your hand against the flopped cards.

N

Narcotic35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use time bank sometimes while playing multiple tables and trying to take player notes at the same time.

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use my time bank unless someone has raised me all-in, I'm on the bubble or I have a small stack. :)

Sometimes people tell me I take a long time to make a move in the chat. :D

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I use time bank sometimes while playing multiple tables and trying to take player notes at the same time.
It is reasonable to suppose that players needs a time for taking notes and certainly while playing at multiple tables as well as for me for instance. When time bank is not enough for taking notes, I get into the history tab to complete my records.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. the faster the gamepaly, the more I use the timebank (SNAP)
2. on the bubble, when I see all other tables (the shortstacked) playing slow as well

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely use the time bank, I make decisions very fast, and I think this disrupts my game. I think I need to work this out.

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually use the time Bank, when a difficult situation I take a few seconds to remember what the opponent did before and to make the right decision.

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use time-bank option when I have to make a big decision that could effect on my whole tournament life or on the bubble with short stack to get in the money!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I very rarely use my time bank. And I do not like when players abuse this for no reason. When the response queue reaches me, I have already made a decision on the answer.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rarely use it. I hate when players used the time bank up and fold.

O

Ofarah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time bank can be a helpful tool if you’re in a large pot with multiple players. If another player is uncertain about their hand and you use up a lot of the time bank and then shove. They probably won’t call with strong hands like top pair maybe two pair; only if they have the nuts

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just as some of the other players have stated, I use the time bank strategically. In most instances, I can make a decision without using the time bank. I use the time bank when I am short stacked and on the bubble in multi-table tourneys.

Jockerist

Jockerist

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely use. It is preferred if the games at several tables.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely use it, but I think that I should, especially when somebody is raising too much and/or jamming. I need to take more time to question whether my hand is really still good or not. Usually it's not.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For all the people saying they use their time bank "strategically" to slow down the game on the bubble, are you playing somewhere that doesn't go to hand-for-hand play on the bubble or something? If they don't do it, you're playing on a bad site. If they do do hand for hand on the bubble, then your stalling doesn't accomplish anything (or you're trying to stall way too early, when you should be looking to double up instead).

As for OP's question, it's pretty straightforward for me - I only use it when I've got an actual decision to make that requires the extra time to think through. When I was playing online I never bothered trying to manipulate people by taking longer than I needed to because I assume most people are multi-tabling and not paying close attention to how long I'm taking anyway. And in the live games I play, you have to pay to get extra time - I don't think I've every taken up that option (thank you online games for teaching me to think fast).