My thoughts on wsop so far

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
these are my thoughts so If you dont agree I dont really care becaues like I said they are my thoughts.

Jerry Yang bad for poker? hell no Jerry Yang is a perfect example of why poker is good. I dont know if you actually know his background or not but Jerry was a refugee and lived in a refugee camp for many years before his family finally made it to america. I read a interview in bluff magazine and I was soo amazed of how hard he had it. He donated 10% to charity not to create a image for himself but because that is where he came from. There is no better represenitive for poker in my opinion.

Chris Moneymaker I wish people would get off his back and leave him the hell alone. Look poker would not be where it is today without Chris Moneymaker and honestly he dosent need to prove anything to anyone. He won the Main Event and he said he was not that good when he won it but the guy plays fine so leave him the hell alone.

Phil Hellmuth ok phil is a amazing tourney player, he really does make some terrific lay downs and guess what they are usually the correct ones. Phil really does not need to prove anything, hello 11 braclets. :rolleyes:

Jamie Gold oh man where to start with Jamie, ok Jamie's style does work but the thing is his style only works in late stages of tourneys where people have to make hard laydowns sometimes. Jamie your style does not work during level 1 of a week long tourney. Jamie you know you didnt play this way last year during the early stages so why do it for the cameras this year? Your goal Jamie should of been to play your game and ignore the camera's.

internet players in wsop we rock the wsop plain and simple, some of the biggest names on the internet got real deep this year. Lets see Justin B made a final table, Rizen made a final table and if I took the time to look at all the results for all the tourneys I would bet I could find ton more big name tourney players that made it deep. Now not to take anything away from the live pro's like Cunningham and Hellmuth who not only made final tables but took down a braclet but I think internet players deserve the respect.

Joe Hachem Im sorry but I cant stand this guy. He cries soo much at the poker table. I watched some of his antics online last couple years and I think if you win millions you should give up your right to cry about bad beats. BECAUSE YOU WOULDNT OF WON THE MAIN EVENT UNLESS YOU LAYED AT LEAST 1 BAD BEAT ALONG THE WAY TO SOMEONE.

Greg Raymer i respect Greg a lot but his play on a OOSD was pretty unlike him. But I will fogive him because he has shown countless times he deserves all he has accomplished.

Brian Thomas we didnt see much of this guy this year because he was unable to attend the wsop and was stuck talking to a bunch of donkeys on https://www.cardschat.com while he really wanted to be in wsop this year. Look out for this guy next year though where we expect him to go real deep in some events.

JD LEAVE MY POST ALONE. :D

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brian Thomas we didnt see much of this guy this year because he was unable to attend the wsop and was stuck talking to a bunch of donkeys on https://www.cardschat.com while he really wanted to be in wsop this year. Look out for this guy next year though where we expect him to go real deep in some events.

Are you still playing in the $560 prelim WPT event at the Borgata?

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you still playing in the $560 prelim WPT event at the Borgata?

life interrupted that, my son needs $100 for karate and another $100 for his sparring gear so that kinda screws up that plan. Plus I have a backing agreement online I have to fulfill right now. I still owe them like 26 more tourneys, my Buddie is still going and I'm pretty pissed I cant go but family 1st.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm just catching up on the ESPN episodes now, but I followed pretty much the whole thing live on the intertron. What stuck out to me was:

- Wow, so many of the big names (Ivey, Harman, Lederer) were total non-events this year

- Wow, why does nobody give Erik Seidel more credit?

- I never realised Humberto Brenes was that annoying at the table! I'd only seen WPT footage where he was relatively sedate

- Most entertaining moment: Phil Ivey fleecing Phil Hellmuth for about $90K's worth of insurance bets

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Let me know if this fellow goes to the WSOP next year. I'm thinking about hitting the big $1500 NLHE event.

_MavsFan_

_MavsFan_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- I never realised Humberto Brenes was that annoying at the table! I'd only seen WPT footage where he was relatively sedate

Yah....Humberto was pretty wild last time I saw him on ESPN. They even had a 40 second shpeal about other players talking crap about his MEW MEW MEW HUMBERTO THE SHARK (such as devilfish / cunningham), but also said he was a good guy.

It would drive me nuts in a live game...I can tell you that much. I bet its all for ratings / getting his name out there. When I think of Humberto, I picture him ranting w/ his shark crap - it works for him.

-MavsFan

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with everything you said storm except for the joe hachem one, mainly just because i respected the way he won the main event. he came back from behind on the final table, an extremely hard thing to do--something we havent seen except for Hachem at all since poker has been pretty big (bc of moneymaker)

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
life interrupted that, my son needs $100 for karate and another $100 for his sparring gear so that kinda screws up that plan. Plus I have a backing agreement online I have to fulfill right now. I still owe them like 26 more tourneys, my Buddie is still going and I'm pretty pissed I cant go but family 1st.

What? You put your kids interest over poker? How dare you.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i agree with everything you said storm except for the joe hachem one, mainly just because i respected the way he won the main event. he came back from behind on the final table, an extremely hard thing to do--something we havent seen except for Hachem at all since poker has been pretty big (bc of moneymaker)

As an opinion it can't be argued with - maybe he shouldn't complain about his bad beats since he's been on the winning side of them often enough (observe his flopping Broadway with AK to beat an opponent with AA to stay in this year's Main Event). I'd just say that it's probably unfair to single him out for this when the Phil Hellmuths of the world are doing the same thing.

As a player though, (and call me a biased Australian if you will) I don't think his record can be argued with though - he took out the WPT Bellagio event, the Tournament of Champions, and he had a fair few cashes at the WSOP this year. He's no donk, and no Jamie Gold.

rainsoaked

rainsoaked

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My thoughts run similar to yours, Storm, with a couple of exceptions. Got no problem with Hachem and I usually can appreciate Hellmuth's rants as entertainment but that final table with Shak and company...I just finally had to mute him.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just seen the 1st show of the Main Event -

Brad Garret & Ray whatever his name is = SHUT UP!!
Shouting does not make it funny ok :mad:

The more i hear of Norman Chad the more i like Gabe Kaplan :D

Nice pay day for Eli Elezra too $600,000 in bets taken :D

downloading the rest of the ME now to watch later along with HSP new episode

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually can appreciate Hellmuth's rants as entertainment but that final table with Shak and company...I just finally had to mute him.

I actually thought that was Hellmuth at his most entertaining

"Honey, I've insured the hand!" :D

S

singate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never realised Humberto Brenes was that annoying at the table! I'd only seen WPT footage where he was relatively sedate

- Most entertaining moment: Phil Ivey fleecing Phil Hellmuth for about $90K's worth of insurance bets

Brenes was working my last f-ing nerve with his non stop antics. I never really minded the guy before this year.

The interaction between the Phils was downright comical. I get the feeling Hellmuth was actually happy about losing all those bets.

The best moment for me so far was seeing Jeff Lisandro finally win one. That man had been absolutely snake bitten.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually thought that was Hellmuth at his most entertaining

"Honey, I've insured the hand!" :D

Now i know what makes Phil Ivey smile :D

and of course the bookie was getting the better deal as usual lol :D

rainsoaked

rainsoaked

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep -- forgot about Lisandro and his bracelet. The man almost made *me* cry. What an excellent moment for him!

WSOP