One of those days ...

C

coljung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, today was one of those days were FullTilt was hating me, i guess there was some kind of bug in the system that everytime i went all-in i was already beaten or was going to get sucked out on the river....

A few examples:

-I flopped a set of 5s... villain flopped a set of 7s.
-I flopped a set of Ks, villain got a full house.
-Being short stack i pushed with A4 suited, got called by K3, hand came 331010K.
-Being short stack again i get 88, went all in, get 2 callers, 1010, KK.
-Raised preflop with AK against someone who i had beaten the previous hand and who was obviously mad at me., flop came AQ5, i c bet, he raised me, i reraised, he went all -in, i called. He showed A8 ( a small kicker as i expected ).... then an 8 came on the river..

Well i know this is variance and it happens to everyone... but i cant remember getting beaten so many times in a single day. And also at the cash tables, the few wins that i had , around half were split pots...

I guess that's it for this year. :icon_sant

Gl everybody at the tables and hopefully i'll begin the year with a bit more of luck.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, today was one of those days were FullTilt was hating me, i guess there was some kind of bug in the system that everytime i went all-in i was already beaten or was going to get sucked out on the river....

A few examples:

-I flopped a set of 5s... villain flopped a set of 7s.
A legitimate cooler, you're losing your money here almost every time, but if it were the other way around, you win the other stack as well (barring a scary board)

-I flopped a set of Ks, villain got a full house.
If you set and he has a full house, you either have quads or a full house as well, kings full of whatever board pair.
-Being short stack i pushed with A4 suited, got called by K3, hand came 331010K.
This one isn't even that bad a beat, he had live cards, about 65-35

-Being short stack again i get 88, went all in, get 2 callers, 1010, KK.
88 vs. 2 random hands is only 57%. Considering there were probably 8 other hands, it's most likely there was at least someone you were flipping a coin with. When it's late and you're short stacked, you pray for a call and to double up with some luck. It's actually better you got 2 callers, that way when the 8 hits (hopefully a K or T doesn't either) you triple up rather than double up.

-Raised preflop with AK against someone who i had beaten the previous hand and who was obviously mad at me., flop came AQ5, i c bet, he raised me, i reraised, he went all -in, i called. He showed A8 ( a small kicker as i expected ).... then an 8 came on the river..
Another legitimate bad beat, but I doubt you KNEW he was mad at you, and if you did that didn't mean he'd play any different. Depending on the limit, you'll see A8 do this all the time. Just sucked out on you.

Well i know this is variance and it happens to everyone... but i cant remember getting beaten so many times in a single day. And also at the cash tables, the few wins that i had , around half were split pots...

I guess that's it for this year. :icon_sant

Gl everybody at the tables and hopefully i'll begin the year with a bit more of luck.

There were really only 2 or 3 bad beats (depending on the hand you were unclear on, set of kings vs. full house when you had to have a full house as well). They suck, but eventually your luck will change. I just had that kind of day as well. Played live today and got all-in on the turn with a nut flush only to have my opponent get the board to pair and have his set turn into a full house. I missed 3 open-ended straight flush draws, and had my set cracked when the other guy's open-ended straight flush draw hit (money went in on the turn, but he definitely had odds to call, not a horrible beat, just a bad hand for me).

So I end the day 40 bucks down so I figure, why not play some online now? I couldn't seem to hit anything. At one table there was this super-aggressive player who was consistently min-raising my PF raises and then betting like 5 times the pot on the flop. This happened 6 times in the half hour with AK (at that table) and I hit an A or K exactly 0 times. That along with a few other hands where I just never hit any draws, sets were no good, and getting all-in preflop AA vs. KK board brings a K, and I'm down 25 more. I did have one hand where the luck actually went my way though, I flop a set and opponent shoves to me. I call and he flips over a flush draw, and he misses.

But I'll come back again tomorrow and hopefully I'll be running better. Days like this happen to all of us.

C

coljung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well im no complaining about them being bad beats, which i agree with you that must weren't. My point was that I hadn't had such a bad day in the few months that i've been playing online. It's more like out of 10 coinflips i lost at least 8, then when the few times where i thought i was ahead, i wasn't.

Also, in the case of the set of K's vs the full house i had KQ, and the flop came 7KK. Villain had pocket 77.

And the guy that i thought was mad at me, i had taken half his chips a couple of hands ago and kept swearing at me and was obviously on tilt.

Anyways, as i said this is the first time i get such a bad run, probably there will be better days as well as worse ones....

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, in the case of the set of K's vs the full house i had KQ, and the flop came 7KK. Villain had pocket 77.

This is going to sound really picky but when you say you flop a set it means that you had a pocket pair and your card came on the board to give you three of a kind.

When you flop trips that means that you had one card and the board paired like what happened to you. Not a big deal but that would be why zachvac thought you would have a full house.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well im no complaining about them being bad beats, which i agree with you that must weren't. My point was that I hadn't had such a bad day in the few months that i've been playing online. It's more like out of 10 coinflips i lost at least 8, then when the few times where i thought i was ahead, i wasn't.

And the guy that i thought was mad at me, i had taken half his chips a couple of hands ago and kept swearing at me and was obviously on tilt.

Anyways, as i said this is the first time i get such a bad run, probably there will be better days as well as worse ones....

That's fair, as mentioned though a set is when you have a pocket pair and the board is the third one. Your opponent set for a full house, you just flopped trips. Minor detail but you can see why I was a bit confused.

But yeah, the more you play the more days like this you'll have. Of course the opposite is true, you'll have more days where it seems you can't lose either. But as long as you keep playing knowing that yes you can miss and no you won't miss every time, and you're playing solid poker, you'll profit in the long run, as I'm sure you know. Hopefully it's been going better for you since the first post. After my bad day I had an amazing day. Even when I did miss I didn't lose much, like when the nut flush flat called my bet with the second nut flush (2-carded) with no board pair. Love being flat called when they have the nuts. This was HU as well so I could very well get stacked there. But overall I was up 90 today, more than made up for yesterday, hopefully you had a similar turnaround :)