Thinking of a successful poker player

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously for most forum poker is an intelligent game. A game that, with due approach and understanding, becomes more than a competition of aura or (and) good luck. I was always interested in a deep understanding of the game, which the player must understand in order to consistently show a successful game (not the results, but the game). Perhaps it will seem to some to be rudimentary, but I still decided to ask such a question to more experienced and successful players. As less experienced, I may find for myself a clearly formulated amount of work that should be worked on hard to achieve a certain level of understanding of the game. Therefore, I want to turn to experienced forums, what right habits do I need to have? In order to play correctly.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not the most experienced, let alone the most successful player. But let me give you some tips. The first advice is read more, read a book on the psychology of poker for your questions, where everything is accessible and in clear language explains many aspects of the game of poker. There you will find the concept of both alpha and beta games, this is not unimportant. After the game, be sure to analyze the game, preferably with a friend who is also passionate about poker. Together you will find more mistakes and ways to solve them.

Watch streams of poker players explaining their actions during the game.
Everything that I wrote is in the library of our community. Good luck in conquering the poker heights.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In order to have good prospects and play correctly you need to be patient and disciplined. This is the main thing.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My brother is a successful poker player by sheer luck, not skill. He won $15000 twice and $5000 once by going crazy in a tourney with tens of thousands of players.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friend!To begin with, stop finding information-because maybe you will find not the one that will tell you the right way, but on the contrary will make you weak and leave you to your fate.Play more-only in the game you gain experience-analyze the hands that you do wrong when you lose.Think-although many people are not given this-they use programs.You know, I'll be honest-I've been playing poker for more than 10 years and I haven't learned the level of professionalism .Maybe you can become one.More play more practice more analysis - my advice to you!

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not the most experienced, let alone the most successful player. But let me give you some tips. The first advice is read more, read a book on the psychology of poker for your questions, where everything is accessible and in clear language explains many aspects of the game of poker. There you will find the concept of both alpha and beta games, this is not unimportant. After the game, be sure to analyze the game, preferably with a friend who is also passionate about poker. Together you will find more mistakes and ways to solve them.

Watch streams of poker players explaining their actions during the game.
Everything that I wrote is in the library of our community. Good luck in conquering the poker heights.
Thank you! And good luck at the poker tables!

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to have good prospects and play correctly you need to be patient and disciplined. This is the main thing.
Discipline is just limping at me! But I will try to tighten this aspect of the game!

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My brother is a successful poker player by sheer luck, not skill. He won $15000 twice and $5000 once by going crazy in a tourney with tens of thousands of players.
I am truly glad for your brother! But I think still good luck is not enough!

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friend!To begin with, stop finding information-because maybe you will find not the one that will tell you the right way, but on the contrary will make you weak and leave you to your fate.Play more-only in the game you gain experience-analyze the hands that you do wrong when you lose.Think-although many people are not given this-they use programs.You know, I'll be honest-I've been playing poker for more than 10 years and I haven't learned the level of professionalism .Maybe you can become one.More play more practice more analysis - my advice to you!
Thank you for your suggestions and wishes! I am very glad that there are such people on this forum! As the "Age of Life - the Age of Learning" says

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion, in order to become more successful in poker, apart from all other things, it is the ability to sort out your mistakes and prevent them in the future, because whoever made fewer mistakes is a champion.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, in order to become more successful in poker, apart from all other things, it is the ability to sort out your mistakes and prevent them in the future, because whoever made fewer mistakes is a champion.
I do not know what can be better said.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is how they become champions, and this applies not only to poker, it seems to me by this principle that champions become in any sport! Thank you for your advice and good luck at the tables!

L

Lexand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is enough, sometimes, for small field tournaments, but tournaments with large fields like most pokerstars, we need lot of luck to be able to do well in these tournaments.