One thing that induced you to play poker?

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st tourney I played was while at work, I was working for action poker in 2006, best days of my life... and I was winning but I wanted to party so I left my stack to blind off

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For live poker, I really like the social aspect of it. I love when I have my home games and it's me and a bunch of friends playing and just having a good time and obviously money, too. But for online, it's all about the money.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was encouraging my brother, but poker and captivating

S

scuxbr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing poker one thing that induced me to play poker is only enjoyment of a card game..!!
Still have the same feeling..!!!:)

After I learned that poker is a game of skill and not luck.

D

djfery16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that poker is skill but you have to be lucky to win more money.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to not really enjoy poker, because I wasn't that good at it and I always lost against my brothers and friends.

But when I started to get better, I loved it. We usually played with like 8 and it was such a good feeling to still be going when there were only 3 players left.

It was so fun for me that everybody stayed at the table just watching me and 2 other players play poker. At that moment the ones still in the game were the 'heroes' of the other ones. The ones who were out teamed up with one of the remaining players and did 'everything' they asked. When you were thirsty they got you something to drink.

The best feeling I got was when we played poker for like 3 hours and we had to get back home I was still in the game and I 'won' together with my cousin (We didn't work with blind levels).

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that poker is skill but you have to be lucky to win more money.

You have to be lucky to win a one tournament, but how more and longer you play, how less important it gets.

Bertochi

Bertochi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What caught my attention in poker was the metagame involved in the game , part of the reasoning hehe

deaddep

deaddep

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first time played for fun, but when the game began to generate income, that money has become the main vector

G

galojmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing because my boyfriend played all the time and I thought it would give us something to do in common.

Hahaha nice way to start playing poker I wish you both will be good for you your relationship and poker!!goodluck

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only thing that motivated me to play poker is the opportunity to earn money and every day I sit down at the tables with the same idea that make money)))) And for fun, going with friends to play on small bets while drinking alcohol))))

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hahaha nice way to start playing poker I wish you both will be good for you your relationship and poker!!goodluck

Hahaha! It was not good for the relationship. He had been playing for 20 something years and within 1 year of me starting, I was beating him consistently and it was too much for his ego. We broke up a few years ago, but I still have my poker! (a very good trade) :) :icon_thum

JayBonez

JayBonez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The social aspect of the game. The skills you have to possess as a person to play well.

JayBonez

JayBonez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has taught me patience thats for sure.

R

Runeloko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because you could make a decent profit from a small fee of registration. The feeling when wining a tourny is really cool haha.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have fond memories of playing with friends when I was a teen. Stopped playing for many years to pursue a career (obviously not as a professional poker player) and family. Now I play for fun. I make just enough money at it to keep in the game, but not enough to get illusions of grandeur.

331963.png

P

ParanormGhost

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its the same for all gamble games...the calling of easy money :))

S

Stumperxxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A friend told me about poker 11 years ago and when I tried it out and won my first tourney I was hooked. Besides my family It's my one true passion. The thrill of each hand, asking yourself a million questions a hand trying to figure out what is your best route to take. Adrenaline flows through me from the beginning to end of each game.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i watched the wsop 2008 championship, i think it was Peter Eastgate who won the championship and he took home about 9 million dollars, and i was like... hey its about 450 million pesos in our money and i was thinking if i get half the skills and half the luck of eastgate, i may take home half he prize he won.... and i will live happily ever after.
Fast forward to 2016, 8 years later.............. nada. hehehe.

But i still enjoy playing poker, win or lose, i enjoy playing.
And im still hoping to win the big time..... even if it takes forever. hehehe

R

Reelmookey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love taking money from people when they try to bluff hard is one of my most favorite things about playing poker i love catching a liar in the middle of it and felting him

L

lvlalaciuca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
primarily money,.and then that I want to learn to play as well
I want to play at the highest level once
I love the adrenaline that gives me

HowS

HowS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got pretty good at Heartstone, even won some freeroll tournaments and made some money. But I see no future for me in that game unless I invest massive amount of time. The game is actually pretty boring because of same decks are played over and over again imo. Even when the new cards comes out, the game only feels fresh for a couple of weeks than it goes back to same old boring thing.

I figure I can translate some of the skills I developed from Hearthstone into poker, because I see poker will last a lot longer than Heartstone as a game.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In all the years I played; I never heard someone say that it was because of a paid poker pro or a sponsored sport star.

But the sites keep giving contracts to those pros as if they would bring people to poker.

Maybe they have statistics that can justify paying contracts but they sure aren't showing here.

I just watched the WSOP on TV and I wanted to try the game for fun.