Is There Such a Thing As too Much Poker?

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I wonder if I just need a break from the game. It is hard to do. Because I love to play. I will sometimes stay away a week or two and it helps. Does anyone else do this besides me. I am referring to poker. Sometimes I get burned out.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not too exhausted

I sometimes wonder if I just need to pause the game. It is difficult to do. Because I love to play. Sometimes I'm away for a week or two and it helps. Someone else does this besides me. I'm referring to poker. Sometimes I get exhausted.
I, in particular, don't get too exhausted more often we get stressed, but I'm 5 months playing every day without fail

Last edited by a moderator:
hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I wonder if I just need a break from the game. It is hard to do. Because I love to play. I will sometimes stay away a week or two and it helps. Does anyone else do this besides me. I am referring to poker. Sometimes I get burned out.
Yes you can over do it by playing too much not taking proper food and sleep breaks,
Falling asleep deep in tournaments even!I am taking it easier this year playing a little less volume but more focused unlike previous years.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Too much of anything can be a bad thing! :)

Definitely take breaks, especially when the variance is bad.

You end up beating your head against the wall otherwise! :banghead:

L

lechiffre702758

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Too much of anything is bad, try to have a 2nd hobby, something that doesn't involve cards. It's like taking a break or a vacation.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think almost all players take a break from time to time. I also sometimes take a break, for a few days or a week. The break helps to relax mentally and after the break I always play better and more productively.

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ha Ha, This is such a great question!

Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH GOODNESS?

I think not! Have fun with every oppty and remember You Only Live Once.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is always a good idea to take a break, I remember that when I was on vacation I played every day and after a week I no longer wanted to know more about poker, suddenly because I started to play badly, then I read in an article that this happens to most players, and yes, indeed, it is better to take a break and play again until your energies have been recharged. Regards.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes it is like too much then a break and the fun of the gaming comes back

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks in the game are needed.No wonder they are made every hour in MTT tournaments.Life is full of different emotions.You can not completely absorb yourself in the game, but also forget about it, too, in no case do not try.

MURDACK

MURDACK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion yes... There is a time that you need step up and rest the brain... You can't be playing every day without a rest and step back... Atleast I can't... Don't get me wrong... You might enjoy it but still will push harder than you think... Once again... Atleast with me

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With anything, to much is too much, bad or good. Taking a break is a deep breath with no where to go. Enjoy the silence and serenity.

B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually play 7 hours a day more than that i already get tired

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe

I'll let you know if I ever get there.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting burned out is a real thing. Too much of anything is never good. Balance is the key to life.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You have to play as long as it doesn't affect you physically, mentally as well as those around you.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The ability to stop on time and have a good rest is just as important as the ability to play well !!!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Obviously, sometimes everyone needs a rest. Our life, like our game, must be balanced, without extremes, and then we will have every chance of success.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The ability to stop on time and have a good rest is just as important as the ability to play well !!!
Last month i fell asleep in the middle of more tournaments then i actually finished :D
Too much of anything is had and i think you should not push the things as much as too much, you must know the limits. When there is so much of somthing that it affects badly on the other aspects of your life.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you asking for my opinion, or my wife's ?

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a lot last year, now I'm away for almost a month.