Are there many professional women in poker?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confess I do not know who are professional women in poker, I think until the online poker has few women and I would like to see more women playing.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that men still have to win in quantity, but more and more women are entering this game and improving at the same time

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is the question about professional women in poker or women in professional poker?

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a number, there are quite a few of us out there! As a percentage of poker players overall, women are certainly the serious minority of players—which is something I think can and will change in the future! :)

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are several professional women, but compared to men, are in smaller amounts.

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Women hate Poker due to it's sexist nature, with terminology like "all-in" etc.
They also dislike being amongst stinky, bad attitude, chauvinistic. men, who ask why there are few women in poker...or gays for that matter...
Perhaps if you bathe it would help.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There have been many serious women players for decades - the likes of Jennifer Harman and Maria Ho to Kristin Bicknell and Maria Lampropulos. They have proven they can play against any field at any stakes and win.

However, poker has had a long standing inherent problem, that of attracting more balanced fields with a greater number of women.

Its strange - so many within the industry talk of growing the game to create a healthier future for poker, yet half the population remain alienated. Much as I love poker, the industry generally has an insular view stuck somewhere in the 1950's

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
My favorite players is Liv Boeree and Vanessa Russo. These are professional players who have achieved great results.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see a lot of women pro's (or none pro's) that are very good at poker, ofcourse you see more male pro's but i think thats cause more males are interested in poker hence more male pro's show up. But there is a few really good female poker pro's and none female poker pro's out there.

More females are starting to come into poker and thats nice to see :)

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Women hate Poker due to it's sexist nature, with terminology like "all-in" etc.
They also dislike being amongst stinky, bad attitude, chauvinistic. men, who ask why there are few women in poker...or gays for that matter...
Perhaps if you bathe it would help.

Calling BS !!! I am a woman and you have no idea how I feel about anything unless you ask me directly; however, beating "bad attitude, chauvinistic men" at their own game is bliss.:dancing2:

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi :ciao:
yehhhhhhh for girls in poker!!!
professional? means make living playing only poker?
most girls are too smart & responsible go down that road

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think there are many such professional women, they just are not public, they play online and we do not know anything about them.
Good luck.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There should be more women in poker.Despite that ,there are really good female player like Liv Boeree,Leo Margets,Kristen Bicknell who are Team Pro of the best poker sites.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Most poker players are men. But it is obvious that the number of female players is increasing every year. And without a doubt, it is a nice statistic.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are few women , but there professional tournaments, that only women play! , But they are not as noticeable as men.!!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the best and aggressive poker players is a woman: Vanessa Selbst. She also comes of very likeable at the table but is difficult to play against.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Most poker players are men. But it is obvious that the number of female players is increasing every year. And without a doubt, it is a nice statistic.
Right! For example, Maria Konnikova.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jennifer Harman and Annie Duke! There is Numbers, it’s not like football men vs women. This is Strategy/ hard work

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they are many womens in poker. It,s hard to say for me about how much from them are playing poker professional, but i think we have some names for sure.
The 1st people that come in my mind is Vanessa Selbst and Vanessa Kade.
Not sure about does Vanessa Selbst is still playing , but i saw some streams with Vanessa Kade, i also played a little bit with her and i think she is a very good professional player.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confess I do not know who are professional women in poker, I think until the online poker has few women and I would like to see more women playing.

Play poker to make money and have fun. Use a dating App to find a woman.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a man's world. But without beautiful womans, this game would not be so attractive. Every day the number of professional women in poker increases and they compete well with men.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just women hammered that they can't. And they can do everything! Yes, there will soon be equality, both in sport and in life. So same and even better!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Percentage is way off compared to men. Ones who do play are very good. Been quite a few who were lawyers that are now playing. Not sure what that says, but many are well educated.

Dutydog

Dutydog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Victoria Coren’s For Richer, For Poorer - which is a great book- gives a good insight into being a woman in a male dominated culture.