Is there an app that grabs History while you play?

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found one that works for Ultimatebet but only if the game doesn't break up a lot. UB microstakes games break up a whole lot. I quit when I'm tired and unless I can get in the habit of copying and pasting entire histories into notepad b4 I close the window(every single time), I fear I won't be able to keep a handle on everything.

Here's the thing though. I go over the hand histories whether I'm in hands or not. Especially when they go to the river. I wanna see the hands that got mucked. What people were chasing with, or just couldn't fold. So I go over all of it while playing(I'll fold crap cards and examine history).

History doesn't tell everything though. If I look at history alone it will trick me into thinking the tables are full of fish, just fish. But they aren't. It's a mix see? Fish(human players playing hands that slightly more advanced players such as myself would fold faster than you can say "light starch in the collar"), Bots(there's a couple ways to spot them), Humans playing at their correct level, and Sharks making quick work of the Fish and slightly advanced players(but hey a slightly advanced player's still a fish to a shark, who is after all just a bigger/toothier fish :p).

The problem is that between humans with bad connections and bots(with their mechanical "tick-tick-tick-fold" pre-flop behavior) the game's breaking up too much for the history grabbing App I'm using.

I need something reliable. I've got bot behavior down(paid for it but now I've used the info I gleaned and I'm back up and over, no harm no foul). I just have to be able to really study all the hands they muck at my leisure and not just when I'm in the game...

What I need is a little hand history grabber that works thusly: I open the history window and keep it open. Then every 5 minutes it just selects everything in the window(cuz it's a scrolling window) and saves it in a .txt or .doc file. It would just do this, saving over the previous session/table file until I leave. Is there an app like that? The one I have just looks for the hand prior to the current one and saves it. But if the game breaks up, and they do, well, it doesn't work.

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't think bots played at UB. I guess I was wrong.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't think bots played at Ultimatebet. I guess I was wrong.

Well, when u sit at a table(so far I'm pretty low on the microstakes totem pole), there seems to be at least one per table. The other night we were surrounded. I was one of two and then three people not botting. That's how I saw the mechanical nature. You can time their folds. Same amount of time between folds except when known humans fold. Then when they have one of a certain group of hands they push all-in really fast(like insta-push).

Exceptions seem to involve whether or not they're blinded and have a drawing hand, or face card + anything. That's how they kept sucking out on me btw.

W8 the table where we were surrounded was 1c/2c. They've got an all-in m.o. at the bottom. Go up a level to 5c/10c their style changes but not by much. The cards they'll call you down with or bet based on position, those don't change. What changes is the amount they bet pre-flop. They seem to overbet. Like way over. They raise it up to 4 or 5 times the BB regardless of where they're seated. At that point you have them on one of a number of hands, but can't be sure whether it's an A/anything or a pair(any pair at all), or something on Broadway.

It's the behavior combined with the hands played. Very, very odd. Also, they can't be scared if they have a drawing hand. You just can't scare them. No matter how scary it is, or if it's the low end of a higher str8 or flush showing on the board. Another weird part is they seem to hang on to two pair for dear life(or the lack thereof). You can't shake them off of two pair...

Oh hey and thanks I have to check out those Apps right quick(sorry too many ideas at once right now)...

Will complete ideas in a bit.

Last edited:
aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For playing on Ultimatebet you will need either Ultimate History (if using free Gametime HUD) or PAHUD for use with pokertracker.

Last edited by a moderator: