Theory Q: cbet szing in mw 3bet pots

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does the cbet size in a 3 bet pot changes when multiway?

Lets look at a hand:

CO raises 3bb, BTN(hero) raises to 10bb, BB calls, CO calls

Flop: Jh, 7h, Qs

If i would bet 1/3 or 1/2 pot here HU, i can`t bet the same amount when multiway as i have to get some hands to fold, right? I would rather go for 2/3 then? I had an argument about this with someone so i am not sure anymore. Or on what boards would i have to change my bet sizing compared to playing heads up?

Thanks

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does the cbet size in a 3 bet pot changes when multiway?

Lets look at a hand:

If i would bet 1/3 or 1/2 pot here HU, i can`t bet the same amount when multiway as i have to get some hands to fold, right? I would rather go for 2/3 then? I had an argument about this with someone so i am not sure anymore. Or on what boards would i have to change my bet sizing compared to playing heads up?

Thanks

Depends on your holding and the stats/reading of your opponents

Statsman1

Statsman1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, without knowing what Hero is holding, it's impossible to gauge the C-bet here.

Presumably, you didn't necessarily improve with that flop (given that you say you're C-betting here) so knowing what you went to 10bb with on the pre-flop raise, I wouldn't have an answer either.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your holding and the stats/reading of your opponents
+1

Lets look at a hand:

Thanks
when someone hold KTo or XXhh, even 2/3 pot are still reasonable to call 1 street i guess

if i hold AKo here delayed cbet are fine too, call 1 street & gave up later when our hands not improving

basically more than half pot are too spewy of a bet/call for this instance

O

ozaloa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think no matter the flop is,i have to c-bet on the flop after showing my hand strong and 3 betting preflop.the size can change up to the strength of my hand.generally 1/3 of the pot.and i can figure out what to do on the flop even if i get called or reraised but i can not get them fold their hands without betting.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a multiway pot i only cbet with Tpair and some draws,never with air. If i do have some think it depends,if it is tpair i bet 3/4 for protection,if i have draws i bet 1/3 for equity.

Yoda82

Yoda82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very much depends on position and action before. No action and on the button, I’m firing 40-50% regardless of my hole cards. Anything else depends on if my hand improved and board texture, because my goal is to weed out opponents down to heads up.