Texas Holdem or Omaha?

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both.Hold'em is the most popular,so that's why I play it more.I would like to play more Omaha tournaments,but there aren't many of those,unfortunately.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem is actual easy....next to Omaha, which requires more thought and decisions. Omaha is multi dimensional in possibilities. And every card that turns in the street will change multiple possibilities!

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve been playing Omaha a little more lately but I will always be partial to Hold’em.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do play both games but I do prefer Holdem as it is easier for me to determine if I have the best hand. In Omaha, you cannot really know if someone has a better hand than you.

Beatlebug

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a thousand times I prefer holdem because omaha is much more variable

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Both have their own merits, I will probably say Texas Holdem has more players due to televised events and being called The Cadillac of Poker by Doyle Brunson it has always been the most popular form of Poker, but Omaha is well worth learning as some players register by accident and don't realise until the game starts, by then of course it's too late to leave and get their registration back.
I have lost count of the number of players who have been dealt 4 of a kind in their hole cards and pushed the betting up simply because they think they are holding the nuts, and do not realise only 2 cards count, or on other occasions make an Ace flush with just the bare Ace thinking it is enough to win when in fact they need 2 suited cards in the hole.
Omaha is by far, a more complicated form of Poker and well worth checking out, but I would advise using play money first to get the hang of it.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I feel more comfortable playing Texas Holdem since I have been playing it for a long time and I don't want to suddenly switch to another modality

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I like texas holdem more. Many players play only holdem, like me. The big tourneys are mostly in holdem. The variance of omaha is more i think. But the very good players play both of the games. In my poker history, i play 99,99% holdem.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like how Omaha is challenging. I find that when I play holdem after playing a lot of Omaha, it feels like I am seeing the Matrix, lol. I can "see" hands more clearly

C

ccmonrivah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer omaha but again i get setup alot lol then i play holdem and it seems more chill

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play holdem because I find omaha clearly harder and you can beat more hands there and the game is also more intense

A

Akena

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Texas Holdem!!!

I started out with Texas Holdem but every now and then I play Ohama games but I don't like to play two different variations. You can't play the same and it's confusing. So I stay in Holdem mode! ;)

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mostly NLHE, but sometimes I try 5PLO, it is quite interesting, in my opinion.

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Hold Em a lot and never play Omaha,but I’ll give it a try in the near future

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules