Texas hold 'em

M

Mutant

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This has become all the rage in the world of professional poker. {world series of poker, celeb poker, etc} I believe it is a variation on your basic 5 draw but I don't know the particulars.

If anyone knows the the specifics on this game please share.

thanx!

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically you all start with 2 cards each which are your own

there is a round of betting

then 3 cards are placed face up in the middle called the flop

then there is another betting round

a 4th face up card called the turn

more betting

a final 5th card called the river is placed in the middle

then a final round of betting and then best 5 card hand made up from any of the 7 cards in combination of the 2 you hold and the 5 in the middle that everyone can use, will win the pot

if two people have the same hand then the pot is split between them, or three people etc

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went back and was reading old posts. This was the very first one in this section. Goes to show how far the sight has come.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alon Ipser said:
I went back and was reading old posts. This was the very first one in this section. Goes to show how far the sight has come.

Don't you mean "site"?

~~Shelynn~~

~~Shelynn~~

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice post "Mutant" with a good answer by "Greg". I think for Mutant that was a great thread starter. I can tell your very observant with whats been posted and whats not.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
~~Shelynn~~ said:
Nice post "Mutant" with a good answer by "Greg". I think for Mutant that was a great thread starter. I can tell your very observant with whats been posted and whats not.
Bless Shelynn! - The Mutant's post was over a year old - read Alon's post as to why it was resurrected. And it was Grumbledook, not Greg that replied. Apart from that, good post! :eek: :rolleyes:

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty basic. I wonder what kind of questions were being asked the first 3 months?