Tell the Truth, an Shame the Devil

SHERMSTICK

SHERMSTICK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello All:

I'm playing in the weekly CC$5 serie's an get dealt an awesome hand, I take down the pot an start feeling guilty about it:eek: . I love playing with you all, but sometimes during the game I have to remind myself that im there to win. Just like I was playing in a $2000 guaranteed tourney an on the flop get dealt QJQ, my hold cards are QJ:eek:, I slowplayed it perfectly an took like all but 100chips from this guy an after the hand said oops my bad at least your still in. I started to inform him, remember the chip & a chair song, which once you take a hit like that no-one wants to hear:mad: . I know that im not the only want who feel's like this, just wondering who will admit it. I know each hand that I say I call im in-it to win-it;) , cause that's the reason for registering in the first place.

P.S. The meaning of the word (Poker) any of various card games in which players bet that they hold the highest-ranking hand.

SHERMSTICK:cool:

Ima6T4

Ima6T4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we've all felt that from time to time Sherm. Especially in a friendly playing field. I posted a hand a week or so ago in poker playing where I took a monster pot on an obvious good hand, and even though I told myself that my overly large river bet was to guard the flush draw, I know it was meant to bet this guy out and stop his bleeding. He was taking a hit all night at that table. But he still ended up calling and made my good night a great night. But you're right, we're there to win it and sometimes we just have to remind ourselves of that fact.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all play to have fun and hopefully get some money at the end. We all know this. All of the CC members I played with are great players and usually a good sport when a bad beat happens. Sure, we may vent from time to time (myself included). But, in the end we give each other respect and sportmanship (usually saying "nh" or "gg").

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kozlo said a similar thing after the pokerstars friday game, that she felt awful taking me out when she flopped 4 of a kind. Go for the throat! - there are some posters on here that i've got quite a good friendship with (sending pm's etc) - the same posters are ones I specifically target during games because I feel they are sometimes easily bullied off pots. I like most of you guys, but not enough to give up money that I feel belongs to me!

~~Shelynn~~

~~Shelynn~~

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree I think at one time or another we all have felt guilty. Taking another's chips especially if they go all in and you beat them. I know it's the name of the game "Poker". Here at CC we're friends and I think what helps out is that most of us respect one another in the game.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never feel bad when I win, and always feel bad when I lose. I would however rather lose money to someone I respect and enjoy the company of the game with than a total nobody.

Jocksrock

Jocksrock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait!..the reason i lose you to you guys is i cannot stand to take your chips of you all...im just to loyal to all you members...in fact this goes to the whole online poker community...i respect all those millions of pc poker players so much i just can't see myself to win..so even though i am really a potential world class player...i have too much heart to show my true brilliance in poker.

and no..nobody needs to reply to this....i will not be budged on my charitable ways in order to spread happiness among you all.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gee, Sherm. Ever play a home game with good friends? Just imagine beating your best bud and see his reaction in person. I've never been in that situation, but I've been in a similar one playing golf.

I used to feel bad when I'd beat a buddy until I started to remember being beat and how I felt. Then I realized winning is still better than losing, no matter who you have to beat. Add the money factor and you just have to remember that your buddies know that someone has to lose. It's OK to hope that it won't be you.

EDIT: LOL Jock

T

Threesixes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no mercy on my fellow CCers :D I was born without a conscience as well!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Threesixes said:
By god, I can testify to this, LOL.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Threesixes said:
. I would be willing to testify to the truth of the above quote. First he whacks my pocket K's with AK, A of course shows up on the board, then he turns around and knocks me out when his pocket K's hold up against my AK. No mercy, no justice. LOL. Great game though.

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're used to playing home games for money, then you get past feeling bad about taking money off friends... although then again in a home game you more often know if someone really can't afford to lose.
I don't feel bad when I outplay someone. I'm more likely to feel a little bad if I bluff, get called, and hit a runner-runner to bust someone out.

HoldemChamp

HoldemChamp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always feel bad when I end up on the winning side when all players played a good hand and I just got the best of it. Especially when it is someone I have gotten to know and like. Nothing at all wrong with that. Doesn't mean I will go easy the next time around. It's poker, someone has to win and someone has to lose. Still, if you like the person you beat it is only natural to feel for them.

Poker Tells