Team play poker

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was suspicious few times, I was playing cash game Omaha, against two guys, with same profile picture, with very similar name, last digits was different, and of course "they" didn't play against each other. Always bet re raise and they were pushing me. On flop raises, onther goes all in.. they were obviously attached in play. I left soon. This was not first time to see this.

I know that father and son for example could both have account on client and play legal.. but at same table??? I wish ps or other clients will make same restrictions, and over IP or some other resources to stop block and demand accounts with same ip or with same registered Adress name etc. , to play on Same table in cash games. Mtt is okey I suppose.

What is your experience and expectations? Any idea bout this?

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably they have different IP-addresses and accounts have a different home address. Why do you think they are the same? Even sitting alone on the same couch, you can use a different Internet channel and have a different IP address.

Anyone who wants to get the advantage of a dishonest team game will always find the opportunity. But poker rooms certainly need to fight it.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I saw the Team play in MTT.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Screen shot and send to pokerstars. Or send them the player names time they were at table and name of table.

J

Jordman10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When in doubt dont play if you think there is team play.

I personally prefer heads up to avoid this situation

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I heard some time ago that Pokerstars software is set up to not meet same IP addresses on same table. But if they are using IP variation programs, then I am not sure how it could avoid that???

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes it happens. Don't take it to heart.
Just keep playing.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should have made a videotape of this game put on YouTube and send a link to the support of PokerStars. And they will sort it out.